Frans H. van Eemeren
Frans Hendrik van Eemeren (born 7 April 1946, Helmond) is a Dutch scholar, professor in the Department of Speech Communication, Argumentation Theory and Rhetoric at the University of Amsterdam. He is noted for his Pragma-dialectics theory, an argumentation theory which he developed with Rob Grootendorst from the early 1980s onwards. He has published numerous books and papers, including Strategic Maneuvering in Argumentative Discourse.
- Argumentation, Communication, and Fallacies: A Pragma-Dialectical Perspective (Hillsdale: Erlbaum, 1992), with Rob Grootendorst
- Fundamentals of Argumentation Theory: A Handbook of Historical Backgrounds and Contemporary Developments (Mahwah: Erlbaum, 1996), with Rob Grootendorst
- "dhr. prof.dr. F.H. van Eemeren". University of Amsterdam. Retrieved 13 February 2019.
- Eemeren, Frans Hendrik van; Grootendorst, Robert (1984). Speech acts in argumentative discussions: a theoretical model for the analysis of discussions directed towards solving conflicts of opinion. Walter de Gruyter. p. 222. ISBN 978-90-6765-018-2. Retrieved 20 May 2013.
- Makau, Josina M. (1995). "Rev. of van Eemeren, Argumentation, Communication, and Fallacies". Philosophy & Rhetoric. 28 (4): 426–30. JSTOR 40237877.
- "Rev. of van Eemeren, Grootendorst, Fundamentals of Argumentation Theory". College Composition and Communication. 48 (3): 437–38. 1997. JSTOR 358423.
|This biographical article about a Dutch academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|