|Born||23 July 1938|
Frans Weisz (born 23 July 1938) is a Dutch film director. He has directed more than 30 films since 1964. His 1975 film Red Sien was entered into the 9th Moscow International Film Festival. His film Havinck was screened in the Un Certain Regard section the 1988 Cannes Film Festival. His 1993 film The Betrayed was entered into the 43rd Berlin International Film Festival.
Weisz is Jewish. During the war he was hiding with his parents on a farm in Limburg. They were discovered, Frans managed to escape but his parents were captured. They were transported to Auschwitz concentration camp, his mother survived, his father did not.
- A Gangstergirl (1966)
- The Burglar (1972)
- Red Sien (1975)
- Charlotte (1981)
- Havinck (1987)
- Leedvermaak (1989)
- The Betrayed (1993)
- Last Call (1995)
- Boy Ecury (2003)
- Life Is Wonderful (2018)
- "9th Moscow International Film Festival (1975)". MIFF. Archived from the original on 16 January 2013. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- "Festival de Cannes: Havinck". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 29 July 2009.
- "Berlinale: 1993 Programme". berlinale.de. Retrieved 30 May 2011.
- Frans Weisz zat ondergedoken toen de soldaten binnenvielen, KRO-NCRV, 27 January 2020
- Frans Weisz wint Shortcutz Amsterdam Career Award Archived 13 May 2019 at the Wayback Machine (18 January 2018).