|Full name||František Komňacký|
|Date of birth||15 November 1951|
|Place of birth||Želetice, Czechoslovakia|
|1997–2001||1. FC Synot|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
František Komňacký (born 15 November 1951) is a Czech football manager and former player.
As a player, Komňacký played for regional clubs from South Moravia, his native region. In 1970, he went to Russia to study pedagogy and played four years until his graduation for Neftyanik Volgograd. After his return he played again for regional teams but in 1978 also began his managerial career, he then led the youth team of Jiskra Kyjov.
In 1997, he began work at 1. FC Synot and advanced with the team to the Gambrinus liga in 2000. He then led FK Zlín and MŠK Žilina. In the 2002-2003 season Komňacký led Matador Púchov and won the Slovak Cup with them. For the next season he returned to the Czech Republic to work at Silesian club FC Baník Ostrava.
Baník led the league almost the whole 2003-2004 season and won the Gambrinus liga for the first time in the history of the independent Czech Republic. Six years later Komňacký remembered that season: "I spent there a wonderful season, which I will not forget. I have that club and region in my heart."
Afterwards Komňacký went back to Slovakia and won both the Slovak Cup and the Corgoň Liga with MFK Ružomberok in the 2005-2006 season. In October 2007 he started coaching FK Jablonec. In the 2009-2010 season, Jablonec finished second in the Gambrinus liga for the first time in its history.
He received several awards for his achievements. In 2004, he was awarded the Rudolf Vytlačil Award for the Czech Coach of the Year, for leading FC Baník Ostrava to the national championship. In 2009, he was awarded the Czech Coach of the Year award for a progress he made with FK Jablonec. In 2010, he was again awarded the Rudolf Vytlačil Award for the Czech Coach of the Year, for leading FK Jablonec to the historic success of runner-up position in the 2009-2010 season.
In January 2010 he signed a contract extension to keep him at Jablonec until the end of June 2011.
- 1. FC Synot
- Matador Púchov
- Baník Ostrava
- MFK Ružomberok
- Profile at iDNES.cz
- Fotbalisté Synotu postupují do první ligy at iDNES.cz, 6 May 2000
- MŠK Žilina: História klubu od roku 2000
- Josef Káninský: Liga mistrů? Předčasné, ale v Evropě ostudu neuděláme, slíbil Komňacký at iDNES.cz, 15 May 2010
- "Trenér František Komňacký prodloužil o rok smlouvu v Jablonci". Regiony24.cz (in Czech). 25 January 2010. Retrieved 29 May 2011.
- Jaromír Novák: Útlum českého fotbalu? Není nový Nedvěd ani Brückner, říká Komňacký at iDNES.cz, 7 October 2010
- "Fotbalovou Jihlavu povede po návratu do ligy František Komňacký". iDNES.cz (in Czech). 28 May 2012. Retrieved 26 August 2012.