Ferencz József Koháry de Csábrág
|Prince Ferenc József Koháry de Csábrág et Szitnya|
4 September 1767|
|Died||27 June 1826
|Noble family||House of Koháry|
|Spouse(s)||Maria Antoinetta Josefa von Waldstein-Wartenburg|
|Father||Ignác József, Count Koháry de Csábrág et Szitnya|
|Mother||Countess Maria Gabriella Cavriani di Imena|
Ferenc József, 1st Prince Koháry de Csábrág et Szitnya (Vienna, 4 September 1767 – Oroszvár, 27 June 1826), was a Hungarian magnate and statesman. He was a member of the noble House of Koháry and served as Hungarian Chancellor. On 15 November 1815, Emperor Francis I of Austria awarded him the title of Fürst von Koháry de Csábrág et Szitnya.
He was the son of Ignác József Anton Franz Xaver, Count Koháry de Csábrág et Szitnya (Szent-Antal, 2 December 1726 – Vienna, 10 October 1777) and his wife, Countess Maria Gabriella Cavriani di Imena (Vienna, 25 April 1736 – Pest, 29 July 1803), who were married at Seiffersdorf on 15 January 1758.
Marriage and issue
On 13 February 1792, he married Countess Maria Antoinetta Josefa von Waldstein-Wartenburg in Vienna. They had two children, a son Ferenc (21 December 1792 – 19 April 1795) and a daughter Maria Antonia (Vienna, 2 July 1797 – Vienna, 25 September 1862).
The latter ultimately became the heiress of his whole fortune of 20 million francs. On 30 November 1815 in Vienna, she married Prince Ferdinand of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (Coburg, 28 March 1785 – Vienna, 27 August 1851), by whom she had issue, the so-called Princes of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha-Koháry.
|Ancestors of Ferencz József Koháry de Csábrág|
- Marek, Miroslav. "Koháry de Csábrág et Szitnya Family". genealogy.euweb.cz (Genealogy.EU).[self-published source][better source needed]
- Genealogy of Maria Antonia Koháry
- Franz Karl Wißgrill: Schauplatz des landsässigen Nieder-Österreichischen Adels vom Herren- und Ritterstande, Band 5, Seite 177ff.
- Constantin von Wurzbach: Biographisches Lexikon des Kaiserthums Oesterreich, Band 12, Seite 284
- Ignaz Ritter von Schönfeld (1824). Adels-Schematismus Des Österreichischen Kaiserstaates (in German). Schaumburg. p. 13.
- Almanach de Gotha (1825)
- Paoli, Dominique (2006). Fortunes & Infortunes des Princes d'Orléans. France: Editions Artena. pp. 107, 113, 372. ISBN 2-35154-004-2.
- Media related to Ferenc József Koháry at Wikimedia Commons
|This biographical article about a member of the Austrian nobility is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|