Franz Karl of Auersperg
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Prince Franz Karl|
22 November 1660|
6 November 1713 (aged 52)|
Pischelsdorf am Engelbach
|Spouse(s)||Maria Theresa of Rappach|
Maria Eleanore of Auersperg
Franz Anton of Auersperg
Maria Anna of Auersperg
Maria Franziska, Countess of Breuner
Leopold, Prince of Auersperg
Heinrich Joseph Johann, 4th Prince of Auersperg
|Father||Johann Weikhard of Auersperg|
|Mother||Maria Catherine of Losenstein|
Prince Franz Karl of Auersperg (born 22 November 1660 in Vienna; died: 6 November 1713 in Pischelsdorf am Engelbach), was the third since 1705 Prince of Auersperg and an Imperial General and from 1705 until his death Duke of Münsterberg.
His parents were Johann Weikhard of Auersperg, Duke of Münsterberg, and Countess Maria Catherine of Losenstein (1635–1691). His brother was Johann Ferdinand of Auersperg, the second Prince von Auersperg.
Karl Franz of Auersperg became Captain in the Imperial Army at the age of 20. After the Second Siege of Vienna, he brought the news that the capital had been relieved to Emperor Leopold I. At the Siege of Bihać, he had a dispute with rank Batthyány, which caused the unsuccessful withdrawal of the troops by Prince Eugene. He caused another failure by disregarding the orders of Prince Eugene during the Battle of Luzzara in the Campaign in Italy in 1702.
In 1705 he succeeded his brother John Ferdinand as Duke of Münsterberg, a year later he represented the Emperor at the Silesian Congress of Princes.
Marriage and issue
Karl Franz of Auersperg married in 1685 Countess Maria Theresa of Rappach (1660–1741). They had six children:
- Maria Eleanore of Auersperg (1686-1686)
- Franz Anton of Auersperg (1688-1688)
- Maria Anna of Auersperg (1690–1725)
- Maria Franziska of Auersperg (1691–1725), married to Count Johann Joseph of Breuner
- Leopold, Prince of Auersperg (1694–1704)
- Heinrich Joseph Johann of Auersperg (1697–1783), 4th Prince of Auersperg
- Peter von Radics: Herbard VIII, Freiherr zu Auersperg (1528–1575). Ein krainischer Held und Staatsmann, Verlag Braumüller, Vienna, 1862, p. 81 ff
- Marek, Miroslav. "Auersperg family at genealogy site". Genealogy.EU.
|This article about a member of the German nobility is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|