Fraternitas Rosae Crucis
Fraternitas Rosae Crucis (Fraternity of the Rosy Cross or FRC) is a Rosicrucian fraternal organization founded by Paschal Beverly Randolph in 1858, and is the oldest Rosicrucian Order in the US. They also operate Beverly Hall corporation and the Clymer Health Center in nearby Quakertown, Pennsylvania.
It claims to be the "authentic Rosicrucian Fraternity that was first instituted in Germany in 1614".
The FRC's first lodge was established in San Francisco in 1861, and closed soon after. In 1871 they established another lodge in Boston and in 1874, reestablished in San Francisco. In 1875 they finally settled in Philadelphia.
While Clymer headed the order, the FRC established itself at Beverly Hall, in Quakertown, Pa.
Supreme Grand Masters
- Paschal Beverly Randolph (1858–1875)
- Freeman Benjamin Dowd (1875–1907)
- Edward Holmes Brown (1907–1922)
- Reuben Swinburne Clymer (1922–1966)
- Emerson Myron Clymer (1966–1983)
- Gerald Eugene Poesnecker (1983–2003)
- William Glen Kracht (2003–Present)
- Greer, page 194
- Barrett, page 195
- Lewis, page 92
- Greer, page 195
- Melton, page 179
- Greer, new encyclopedia of the occult, page 181
- Gerald Eugene Poesnecker (born on May 15, 1930)
- William Glen Kracht (born on February 20, 1962)
- Greer, John Michael (2008). The Element Encyclopedia of Secret Societies (2nd ed.). Harper Collins. ISBN 978-1-4351-1088-5.
- Greer, John Michael (2003). The new encyclopedia of the occult. Llewellyn Worldwide. ISBN 1-56718-336-0.
- Barrett, David V. (2007). A Brief History of Secret Societies. Running Press. ISBN 978-0-7867-1983-9.
- Lewis, James R. (2001). Satanism today. ABC-CLIO. ISBN 1-57607-292-4.
- Melton, J. Gordon (1978). The encyclopedia of American religions. McGrath Pub. Co.
|This article about a religious organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|