Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Stephan Elliott|
|Produced by||Andrena Finlay|
|Written by||Stephan Elliott|
|Music by||Guy Gross|
|Edited by||Brian Kavanagh|
|Box office||A$29,740 (Australia)|
The film tells the story of insurance investigator Roland Copping and how he interferes with and manipulates the lives of others with outrageous games and gimmicks. Eventually he becomes involved in an escalating vendetta with a couple who make an unusual insurance claim.
- Phil Collins - Roland Copping
- Hugo Weaving - Jonathan Wheats
- Josephine Byrnes - Beth Wheats
- Mitchell McMahon - Young Roland Copping
- Andrew McMahon - Young Matthew
- Rebel Penfold-Russell - Mother (as Rebel Russell)
- Peter Mochrie - Michael Allen
- Helen O'Connor - Margaret
- Colleen Clifford - Mrs. Waterson
- Vincent Ball - Judge
- Gandhi MacIntyre - Cartel Valuer
- Christina Ormani - Telephone Girl
- Nicholas Hammond - Detective Simms
- Kee Chan - Detective Alan
- Ian Cockburn - Matthew
The film was made in collaboration with Latent Image, a production company formed by Rebel Penfold-Russell, Andrena Finlay and Stuart Quin at the end of the 10BA period in Australian filmmaking. Stephan Elliot wanted to use Phil Collins after seeing him in an episode of Miami Vice and contacted him through Finlay's husband, Al Clark, who used to work for Virgin Films. "It's a great little film," Collins recalled, "and I was better in it (than in Buster)."
A soundtrack was issued by Picture This Records which features Guy Gross's score for the film, orchestrated and conducted by Derek Williams. The album is long out of print and difficult to obtain today.
| Composer = Guy Gross | Orchestrator = Derek Williams | Conductor = Derek Williams | Format = CD | EAN = 9398601009920
Frauds grossed $29,740 at the box office in Australia.
- "Festival de Cannes: Frauds". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 18 August 2009.
- "FRAUDS - Film Database - Movie Database".
- Lani Hannah, "Frauds", Cinema Papers, October 1992 p45-49
- White, Terri (December 2014). "Cash for questions". Q: 32.
- Derek Williams
- Gross, Guy (1992). Frauds (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (Australia)
- Film Victoria - Australian Films at the Australian Box Office
|This article related to an Australian film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|