Frauke Kreuter is a German sociologist and statistician who works as a professor and Director of the Joint Program in Survey Methodology of the University of Maryland, College Park. She also holds a professorship at the University of Mannheim, and is Head of the Statistical Methods Research Department at the Institute for Employment Research (IAB) in Nuremberg, Germany. Her research in survey methodology includes work on sampling error and observational error.
Kreuter earned a diploma in sociology from the University of Mannheim in 1996. She completed her doctorate (Dr. rer. soc.) in 2001 from the University of Konstanz under the supervision of Rainer Schnell. After postdoctoral research and an adjunct position at the University of California, Los Angeles, she moved to Maryland in 2004. From 2010 to 2014 she was University Professor of Statistics at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, while maintaining her position at Maryland as an associate professor. In 2014 she was promoted to full professor at Maryland, moved her German position to the University of Mannheim, and became head of the Statistical Methods Research Department at the IAB.
She is the author or co-author of several books, including Data Analysis Using Stata (3rd ed., Stata Press, 2012, with U. Kohler) and Practical Tools for Designing and Weighting Survey Samples (Springer, 2013, with R. Valliant and J. Dever).
Kreuter was the 2013 winner of the Gertrude Cox Award, given jointly by the Washington Statistical Society and RTI International. In 2014 she was elected as a Fellow of the American Statistical Association "for outstanding contributions to research in the field of survey methodology; for excellence in mentoring of junior researchers in social statistics and survey methodology; and for extensive international research collaborations."
- Curriculum vitae, January 2015, retrieved 2016-07-14.
- Schumm, L. Philip (2013), "Review of Data Analysis Using Stata, Third Edition, by Kohler and Kreuter", The Stata Journal, 13 (1): 206–211, doi:10.1177/1536867X1301300114.
- Ruiz Espejo, Mariano (January 2015), "Book Review: Practical Tools for Designing and Weighting Survey Samples", Journal of Official Statistics, 31 (4): 813–815, doi:10.1515/jos-2015-0047.
- Frauke Kreuter wins 2013 Gertrude Cox Award presented by the Washington Statistical Society (WSS) and RTI International, JPSM, Univ. of Maryland, retrieved 2016-07-14.
- ASA Honors 63 New Fellows (PDF), American Statistical Association, June 11, 2014, retrieved 2016-07-11.