|Birth name||Carlito Thomas|
|Origin||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Occupation(s)||Rapper, producer, songwriter, disc jockey|
|Labels||Hard Hood Records|
Carlito Thomas, professionally known as Freak Nasty, is an American hip hop recording artist and record producer from Atlanta, Georgia. He was raised in New Orleans, Louisiana. He is best known for his Top 40 single "Da Dip" released in 1996 which was a sleeper hit, and ultimately went mainstream in the summer 1997; it later peaked number 15 on the Hot 100. Later he released "Do What U Feel" from the album Which Way is Up, but it failed to reach the success of the previous song, making it to 87 on the Hot R&B charts.
Freak Nasty began his career as a DJ and a hip hop producer. He was one of two, in a group called PMW. He then found success in Atlanta, Georgia with his first album Freak Nasty, selling close to 300,000 units. His next album Controversee... That's Life... And That's the Way It Is, was a much bigger hit and sold over 5 million units, mainly due to his smash hit single "Da' Dip", which peaked at number 15 on the Billboard Hot 100. In 2007, the single "Do It Just Like a Rockstar", peaked at number 45 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Freak Nasty (1994)
- Controversee...That's Life...And That's the Way It Is (1996)
- Freak Nasty Da' Dip (1997)
- Which Way Is Up? (2000)
- Freak Nasty World (2002)
- Zahira Sims (Party Mix) (2005)
- Freaknotic/Crunk City (2007)
|Year||Song||U.S. Hot 100
|1996||"Da' Dip"||15||16||4||Controversee...That's Life...And That's the Way It Is|
|1998||"Do What U Feel"||-||87||33||Which Way Is Up|
|2007||"Do It Just Like a Rockstar"||45||-||-||Freaknotic|
- "Freak Nasty Last fm Information". Lastfm. Retrieved February 11, 2016.
- Erlewine, Steve. "Freak Nasty All Music Bio". AllMusic. Retrieved February 11, 2016.
- "Music VF Information". MusicVF. Retrieved February 11, 2016.
- "All Music Discography". All Music. Retrieved February 11, 2016.
- "Freak Nasty Music News & Info". Billboard.
|This biographical article related to hip hop music in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|