|Directed by||Sohail Khan|
|Produced by||Sohail Khan|
Story : Sohail khan
|Based on||Happy Gilmore|
by Tim Herlihy
|Edited by||Prashant Singh Rathore|
|Box office||est. ₹21.32 crores |
Freaky Ali is a 2016 Indian sports comedy film written and directed by Sohail Khan. It is produced by Khan and Nishant Pitti of EaseMyTrip, with dialogue by Raaj Shaandilyaa. The film stars Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Arbaaz Khan, and Amy Jackson.
Ali, a poor man turned gangster gets fired after working in an owner's clothing store. Ali worries that he won't be able to earn money anymore to take care of his mother named Salubha but his friend Maqsood inspires him. Ali and Maqsood try to get money from a rich and royal woman Padmavati but they manage to do it only after a fight with her. Maqsood is been working for Danger Bhai to get him money. Ali was going to be married but gets stopped by the owner in whose store Ali was working. Ali goes to golf course to get some money from Singhania. As Singhania is unable to put a ball in hole, Ali suddenly gets challenged as he made fun of Singhania. Ali accepts his challenge and he wins it to collect money. Ali's uncle Kishan Lal who is a caddy driver, tells Ali that if he plays golf he can earn lots of money and can become a champion. Ali goes for practice but is unable to do it properly. Kishan tells Ali that his future is stuck between a perfect shot and a wrong choice. Ali inspired by this takes the correct path and practices perfectly. Ali in this process falls in love with Megha, a manager of golf champion Vikram Rathod who is arrogant, greedy and dishonest. Megha praises Ali's performance but when Vikram tries to insult him he (Ali) overcomes it by telling him that even if poor people play the game played by the rich people can learn to win but "never lose". Ali pays the fee of entering into tournament and qualifies into top 60 against 72 players. Vikram soon fires Megha and shows his arrogance to Ali but Ali reflects his attack by lessons that he learnt from the world. Ali wins events and earns money to take care of Salubha, at this process Ali and Megha developed feelings with each other. Danger Bhai tricks and blackmails Maqsood to not help Ali and Maqsood does it. When Megha finds out she tells to Ali's mother (Salubha) and Maqsood gets scolded for this. Maqsood tries to explain why was he doing this, Ali's mother convinces Maqsood that being honest/true person is more important. Kishan tells Ali that Maqsood has troubled him (Kishan) too. Ali feels annoyed and insults Maqsood. Maqsood regrets and decides to help Ali. Vikram injures Ali's hand, everyone feels worried and starts praying. Ali comes back to the final event with an injured hand which is recovering currently. Bade Bhai comes in the match to see and Danger Bhai joins Vikram. Maqsood insults and tells Vikram that Vikram can injure Ali's hand but not his courage and goal and Maqsood becomes the new caddy. Ali gets inspired by his mother who insults Danger Bhai and Bade Bhai who were trying to insult Ali. Ali then during the match gains his confidence back, removes plaster-bandage and plays perfectly. When Maqsood asks Ali what he's going to do, Ali tells that he's going to "hit a six like in cricket in the name of God('Ali ka ma'am lekar chakka maarne ja Raha hun')". Ali executes a great shot flying above the tree and into the hole and Ali wins. Vikram accepts his defeat and lets him go. Bade Bhai praises Ali and cancels all illegal business and Ali celebrates his victory with his friends and his lover Megha.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui as Ali
- Arbaaz Khan as Maqsood
- Amy Jackson as Megha
- Jas Arora as Vikram Rathore
- Fazal Saeed
- Salman Khan as Chulbul Bhaiya (Cameo Appearance)
- Seema Biswas as Sulbha
- Nikitin Dheer as Danger Bhai
- Asif Basra as Kishan Lal
- Jackie Shroff as Bade Bhai (Cameo Appearance)
- Karishma Kotak as Aditi
- Paresh Ganatra
- Alam Khan
- Johnny Lever
The official trailer and poster of the film was unveiled on 7 August 2016.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||19 August 2016|
All music is composed by Sajid-Wajid.
|Freaky Ali (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)|
|1.||"Din Mein Karengey Jagrata"||Wajid, Divya Kumar & Swati Sharma||4:02|
|2.||"Parinda Hai Parinda"||Wajid||4:15|
|3.||"Ya Ali Murtaza" (Qawwali)||Wajid, Danish Sabri & Payal Dev||4:14|
This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Box office sections typically focus on gross figures. Intermixing nett and gross values presents a confusing set a information and makes it difficult to compare with other films globally. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The film opened with a collection of ₹2.55 crores in India. By the end of its first weekend, the film brought in ₹8.50 crore nett in India. In next four days the film collected ₹5 crore and took its first week collection to a total of ₹13.50 crore nett. The total nett collection of film in India is ₹14.67 crore while its grossing over there is ₹20.38 crore.
Worldwide: The worldwide lifetime grossing of film is good₹21.32 crore (US$3.1 million).
- Maneck, Ankita (10 August 2016). "li is yet another Hindi film inspired by an Adam Sandler movie; here are others". First Post. Retrieved 10 August 2016.
- "Freaky Ali (PG)". British Board of Film Classification. 5 September 2016. Retrieved 10 September 2016.
- Bollywood hungama.com. "Box Office: World wide collection and day wise break up of freaky Ali". Retrieved 22 September 2016.
- Kaushal, Ruchi (7 August 2016). "aky Ali' trailer: Nawazuddin Siddiqui makes you laugh out loud". Times of India. Retrieved 7 August 2016.
- "Check Out Freaky Ali Trailer| Ft. Nawazuddin, Arbaaz Khan & Amy Jackson". koimoi. 7 August 2016. Retrieved 7 August 2016.
- Sonali, Kriti (7 August 2016). "Freaky Ali trailer: Nawazuddin Siddiqui is all set to entertain us yet again, watch video". The Indian Express. Retrieved 7 August 2016.
- "Sohail Khan returns with 'Freaky Ali', Bhai shares first look and more". The Economic Times. Retrieved 7 August 2016.
- "Freaky Ali (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Single by Sajid - Wajid on iTunes". iTunes. Retrieved 6 September 2016.