|Location||Aachenerstr. 549, Königsdorf, North Rhine-Westphalia|
|Line(s)||Cologne–Aachen high-speed railway (KBS 450.12)|
|Opened||6 September 1841|
The station was opened as Königsdorf on 6 September 1841 on a section of the Cologne–Aachen railway that was opened by the Rhenish Railway Company between Cologne and Müngersdorf at the same time. In the late 19th century, it was renamed Großkönigsdorf. In the 1990s, during the upgrading of the Cologne-Aachen line, Deutsche Bahn renamed Großkönigsdorf station as Frechen-Königsdorf. Since the upgrading of the line to four tracks in 2002, the station has only been served S-Bahn S-Bahn services.
The station is served by Rhine-Ruhr S-Bahn line S13 between Sindorf or Düren and Troisdorf and line S19 between Düren and Hennef (Sieg), Blankenberg (Sieg), Herchen or Au (Sieg). Together these lines provide a service every 20 minutes on weekdays and every 30 minutes on the weekend. During the peak, line S12 also provides services every 20 minutes between Horrem and Hennef (Sieg).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Frechen-Königsdorf station.|
- "Stationspreisliste 2019" [Station price list 2019] (PDF) (in German). DB Station&Service. 17 July 2018. Retrieved 10 November 2018.
- Eisenbahnatlas Deutschland (German railway atlas) (2009/2010 ed.). Schweers + Wall. 2009. ISBN 978-3-89494-139-0.
- "Frechen-Königsdorf station operations". NRW Rail Archive (in German). André Joost. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- "Line 2600: Köln - Aachen (Grenze)". NRW Rail Archive (in German). André Joost. Retrieved 17 March 2017.
- "Frechen-Königsdorf station". NRW Rail Archive (in German). André Joost. Retrieved 18 March 2017.