||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Fred Giannelli (born 1960 in Lowell, Massachusetts) is an American electronic musician. He began experimenting with electronics in the 1970s as Turning Shrines.   In 1984, Giannelli met Psychic TV's Genesis P. Orridge while the group was in Boston for a gig. This led to Giannelli eventually travelling to London to join the band in 1988, arriving just in time for the Acid House craze. He then left Psychic TV for the Plus 8 label, working with Detroit DJ and producer Richie Hawtin as Spawn. Continuing under the Plus 8, he formed the Telepathic label for his own industrial/techno recordings as the Acid Didj, Giannelli, Deneuve and Mazdaratti. The 1990s saw him release a number of records, including 1997's Unpopular Science under the alias of the Kooky Scientist.
Past projects and aliases include the Kooky Scientist, Acid Didj, The Kinky Scientist, Deneuve, The Kranky Scientist, Mazdaratti, PTV, Sickmob, Splerge, Fred vom Jupiter, Fred vs. Fred, Fred Ex, Spawn (with Richie Hawtin and Daniel Bell) and Turning Shrines.
- Bush, John. "Fred Giannelli". Allmusic. Retrieved 19 August 2011.
- "Ableton Live and the death of the DJ". Overstated. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "Fred Giannelli". Discogs. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "Tuning Shrines | Temple Records". small room reverb. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "Fred Giannelli". Discogs.
- "hey there". In the Mix. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "Fred Giannelli". Dust Science. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "There are a lot of fools in the world". telepathica.com.
- "Telepathic (Fred Gianneli)". swimhq.com/.
- "The Kooky Scientist". Resident Advisor. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "Artist Biography: Acid Diji". MP111.com. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "Cranky Scientist, The". Discogs. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "Sickmob". Discogs. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "Detroit Electronic Music Funeral". telepathica.com. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- Official site
- Partial discography. Telepathic Recordings 
- PTV years Psychic TV#1988-1992: Fred Giannelli period
|This article about an American musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|