Fred Haigh Dam
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Fred Haigh Dam|
|Location||50km West of Bundaberg, Queensland|
|Primary inflows||Kolan River|
|Primary outflows||Kolan River|
|Catchment area||1,310 km2 (510 sq mi)|
|Surface area||5,340 ha (13,200 acres)|
|Max. depth||43 m (141 ft)|
|Water volume||562,000 ML (456,000 acre·ft)|
|Surface elevation||75.56 m (247.9 ft)|
The dam has been stocked with barramundi, silver perch, sooty grunter and red-claw crayfish with spangled perch and forktail catfish naturally present. A Stocked Impoundment Permit is required to fish in the dam.
- Sunwater Current Water Storage Information
- "Water resources - Overview - Queensland - Basin & Surface Water Management Area: Kolan River". Australian Natural Resources Atlas. Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts. Retrieved 2009-05-20.
- Spillway Capacity Upgrade Program Archived February 13, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Harrison, Rod; Ernie James; Chris Sully; Bill Classon; Joy Eckermann (2008). Queensland Dams. Bayswater, Victoria: Australian Fishing Network. pp. 128—129. ISBN 978-1-86513-134-4.
- Do I need a permit and how do I get one? Archived May 22, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
|This article about a dam or floodgate in Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in Queensland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|