Fred Turner (author)
- The Democratic Surround: Multimedia and American Liberalism from World War II to the Psychedelic Sixties (2013) ISBN 9780226817460
- From Counterculture to Cyberculture: Stewart Brand, the Whole Earth Network and the Rise of Digital Utopianism (2006) ISBN 9780226817415
- Echoes of Combat: Trauma, Memory, and the Vietnam War (Echoes of Combat: The Vietnam War in American Memory in 1996; revised 2nd ed. with new title 2001)
Before joining Stanford as an associate professor, Turner taught Communication at Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He earned a B.A. in English and American Literature from Brown University an M.A. in English from Columbia University, and a Ph.D.(2002) in Communication from the University of California, San Diego. In 2015, he was appointed as Harry and Norman Chandler Professor and Chair of the Department of Communication at Stanford .
- Personal Page of Fred Turner
- New York Times review of "From Counterculture to Cyberculture...
- The introduction to From Counterculture to Cyberculture
- An excerpt from The Democratic Surround