Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers
|Headquarters||260 N. Rock Road.|
United States 67206
Number of locations
|30 states (2016)|
|TBA, President & Co-Founder |
Randy Simon, CFO & Co-Founder
Scott Redler, COO & Co-Founder
Freddy Simon, Co-Founder
|Owner||Randy Simon, Scott Redler & Freddy Simon|
Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers is an American fast-casual restaurant chain based in Wichita, Kansas. Its menu includes steakburgers, Vienna Beef hot dogs, and chicken sandwiches, and the company provides frozen custard with a variety of specialty sundaes and concretes (blended sundaes).
Freddy’s was founded by restaurateur Scott Redler and two brothers, Bill (1955-2016) and Randy Simon, whose father, Freddy Simon, was the inspiration for the restaurant, and its namesake. Redler and the Simons created a brand reminiscent of simpler times.
The company, founded in Wichita, Kansas, in 2002, opened its first franchise in Hutchinson, Kansas, during December 2004. In April 2011, the company opened its 50th store in Victorville, California, and in October 2013 its 100th store in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Its 150th location opened in April 2015 in Loveland, Colorado. Freddy's opened its 300th location in Indianapolis, Indiana, in March 2018.
In 2018, Freddy's signed a development and master franchise agreement with Younata Investment Limited to bring the concept to the Middle East, with plans to develop in the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman and Qatar. The franchisee group brings more than 25 years of regional business experience within the Gulf Cooperation Council to the American brand and will be opening Freddy’s first international location in Dubai later in the year.
Co-founder Bill Simon died at age 61 on December 17, 2016, after a battle with cancer.
- Heck, Josh (March 7, 2018). "Wichita restaurant group reaches 300th location milestone". Wichita Business Journal.
- Neil, Denise (September 1, 2017). "Freddy's at 15: Wichita-based chain worked because it didn't have to". The Wichita Eagle. Retrieved December 27, 2017.
- Start Your Own Restaurant and More: Pizzeria, Coffeehouse, Deli, Bakery, Catering Business. StartUp Series. Entrepreneur Press. 2016. p. 27. ISBN 978-1-61308-344-4. Retrieved December 27, 2017.
- "Ready for Freddy's". Arktimes.com. Retrieved 2017-12-27.
- "Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers opens". The Daily News. December 6, 2017. Retrieved December 27, 2017.
- Official Website[dead link]
- "Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Propels Nationwide Growth". FreddysUSA.com. 2018-04-25. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- Neildneil, Denise (2016-12-19). "Freddy's Frozen Custard co-founder Bill Simon has died at age 61 | The Wichita Eagle". Kansas.com. Retrieved 2017-12-27.