|Full name||José Freddy Fernández Beita|
|Date of birth||February 25, 1974|
|Place of birth||, Costa Rica|
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2010||Santos de Guápiles||10||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
José Freddy Fernández Beita (born February 25, 1974) is a Costa Rican footballer who played as defender.
Born in Pérez Zeledón, Fernández began playing club football with Municipal Pérez Zeledón at 20 years of age. After spending most of his career with his hometown club, he joined Águilas Guanacastecas in May 2009 but left them after a brief spell and finished his career with Santos de Guápiles.
Fernández made several appearances for the Costa Rica national football team, captaining the side during the 2010 FIFA World Cup qualification rounds. He made his international debut in the 2007 UNCAF Nations Cup. Fernández also participated in the 2007 and 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup finals.
His parents are Aricelda Beita and Ezequías Fernández.
- Los más leales del fútbol mayor - Al Día (Spanish)
- Freddy Fernández firma con Liberia - Nación (Spanish)
- Freddy Fernández fuera de Liberia Mía - Nación (Spanish)
- "Fernández será ficha de Santos" [Fernández will join Santos] (in Spanish). La Nacion. 14 January 2010.
- Hernández Cerdas, Kenneth (14 January 2009). "Freddy Fernández elegido referente será el capitán el la UNCAF" [Freddy Fernández elected captain for UNCAF Cup] (in Spanish). Diario Extra.
- Saaid, Hamdan (19 July 2007). "CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2007 - Full Details". RSSSF.
- Lugo, Erik Francisco (12 August 2009). "CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2009 - Full Details". RSSSF.
- El cabezazo de Pastor Fernández que nos puso en Italia 90 - AD Sagrada Familia
- Aguilar, Alexander (17 July 2009). "Grité en la calle" [I cried in the street] (in Spanish). Al Día.
|This biographical article related to Costa Rican Association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|