Frederator Networks, Inc.
|Headquarters||New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Parent||Wow Unlimited Media|
Frederator Networks, Inc. is a small media company founded by Fred Seibert. It makes and distributes cartoons, often on Channel Frederator, and through its in-house animation studio Frederator Studios. It is the largest distributor of independent animation online.
Fin Punch/Personas Cetaceas
In February 2015, Frederator Networks acquired worldwide distribution rights to Personas Cetaceas, a Spanish language Chilean animated series, originally called Personas Cetaceas. It was renamed Fin Punch, dubbed into English, and hosted on Cartoon Hangover
In 2014, Frederator Networks and Sony Pictures Animation announced their new joint project, GO! Cartoons. Twelve, five-minute, animated shorts were planned to be viewed on Cartoon Hangover in 2016, but the series would eventually premiere on November 7, 2017. One of them will be picked to become an animated series on Cartoon Hangover.
Channel Frederator Network
Channel Frederator Network (CFN) is a YouTube multi-channel network focused specifically on animation. They have signed 1,222 YouTube creators. As of October 2017, CFN has over 1 billion monthly views.
Frederator Digital is a subsidiary of Frederator Networks that creates unscripted, informational and scripted programming for streaming on the internet. It is currently producing a series of 107 Facts videos, which can be seen on Channel Frederator, Cartoon Hangover, Cinematica, The Leaderboard, and MicDrop on YouTube
The Leaderboard Network
The Leaderboard Network is a YouTube multi-channel network that focuses exclusively on video games and gaming. Its main YouTube channel, The Leaderboard, launched in April 2015 and as of 2017 has over 550,000 subscribers with over 90 million views.
The Cinematica Network is a YouTube multi-channel network that focuses exclusively on TV and movies. Its main YouTube channel, Cinematica, launched in August 2015 and to date has over 22,000 subscribers with over 1.5 million views.
In February 2016, Frederator Networks partnered with Ánima Estudios to launch the Átomo Network, a multi-channel network exclusively for Spanish speaking YouTube animation channels.
Frederator Shorts Filmography
- "Frederator Dives into Unscripted with Frederator Flux". VideoInk. 2015-11-04. Retrieved 2015-11-14.
- "Frederator picks up Lat Am toon | News". C21Media. 2014-06-20. Retrieved 2015-11-14.
- "The Summoning". CartoonHangover - YouTube. November 7, 2017. Retrieved November 10, 2017.
- Spangler, Todd. "Frederator Networks". Variety. Retrieved 2015-11-14.
- Mercedes Milligan (2014-12-17). "Frederator Network Takes on 185 New Channels". Animation Magazine. Retrieved 2015-11-14.
- "Frederator’s Multi-Channel Network Surpasses 1 Billion Monthly Views" Tubefilter, October 24, 2017, by Geoff Weiss
- Liu, Ed (2014-11-06). "Frederator Studios Debuts "Bee & Puppycat" on November 6, 2014 - ToonZone News". Toonzone.net. Retrieved 2015-11-14.
- Rody, Bree (2015-11-05). "Frederator launches unscripted division » StreamDaily". Streamdaily.tv. Retrieved 2015-11-14.
- "Frederator Launches Átomo Network To Serve Spanish-Speaking Animation Fans" Tubefilter, By Sam Gutelle, February 19, 2016