|This article forms part of the series|
|Eastern Orthodox Christianity|
in North America
|List of monasteries in the United States|
She holds a degree in Theological Studies from Virginia Theological Seminary (1977). Her husband, Fr. Gregory Mathewes-Green, an Eastern Orthodox priest, was a signatory of the Baltimore Declaration. She converted to Orthodoxy from the Episcopal Church in 1993 along with her husband and some parishioners from their former parish. She writes about Orthodoxy with a folksy and humorous style that have led to comparisons to Erma Bombeck and Garrison Keillor. She has been active in the pro-life movement: she served on the steering committee of the Common Ground Network for Life and Choice and is a past vice-president of Feminists for Life of America.
Her books include:
- Welcome to the Orthodox Church: An Introduction to Eastern Christianity, 2015.
- The Jesus Prayer: The Ancient Desert Prayer that Tunes the Heart to God, 2009.
- Mary as the Early Christians Knew Her: the Mother of Jesus in Three Ancient Texts, 2007. (Original title, The Lost Gospel of Mary).
- First Fruits of Prayer: A Forty-Day Journey Through the Canon of St. Andrew, 2005. A devotional book for the Orthodox season of Great Lent.
- Facing East: A Pilgrim’s Journey into the Mysteries of Orthodoxy, 1997. Recounts her experience as a convert to Orthodoxy.
- At the Corner of East and Now: A Modern Life in Ancient Christian Orthodoxy, 1999. A sequel to Facing East.
- The Illumined Heart: The Ancient Christian Path of Transformation, 2001. A spiritual book.
- The Open Door: Entering the Sanctuary of Icons and Prayer (Pocket Faith Series, 4), 2003. A devotional book focusing on icons.
- Gender: Men, Women, Sex and Feminism, 2002.
- Real Choices: Listening to Women, Looking for Alternatives to Abortion, 1994.
She has also contributed to the series, The Christians: Their First Two Thousand Years, produced by the Society to Explore and Record Christian History.
- "Frederica Mathewes-Green". Facebook.com. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
- "Bio - Frederica.com". Frederica.com. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
- Facing East pp. 1-2
- "At the Corner of East and Now". Dneoca.org. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
- "The Common Ground Network for Life and Choice Manual" (PDF). Sfcg.com. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2006-10-27.
|This article about a United States writer of non-fiction is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|