Frederick F. Reichheld (born 1952, Cleveland) is a New York Times best-selling author, speaker and business strategist best known for his research and writing on the loyalty business model and loyalty marketing. He is the creator of the Net Promoter System of management (NPS).
His books include The Loyalty Effect (1996), Loyalty Rules! (2001), and The Ultimate Question: Driving Good Profits and True Growth (2006). He has authored articles for business publications, including eight for the Harvard Business Review. He speaks on loyalty and other business topics at management conferences and similar events. His work on loyalty has been covered in The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Financial Times, Fortune, Business Week and The Economist.
Reichheld is a Fellow of the management consultancy Bain & Company, where he has worked since 1977. In 2003, Consulting Magazine named him one of the world's top 25 consultants. According to The New York Times, he "put loyalty economics on the map.” The Economist magazine called him "the high priest of the loyalty cult" in 2001.
His most recent book, The Ultimate Question 2.0: How Net Promoter Companies Thrive in a Customer-Driven World, was a New York Times Bestseller and co-authored by long-time collaborator, Rob Markey of Bain & Company. An updated and expanded version of his 2006 book, The Ultimate Question, it focuses on Net Promoter Score (NPS), a concept he developed based on his research in measuring customer satisfaction, customer retention and its link to revenue growth and profitability. This metric serves as an indicator of the loyalty and advocacy customers show for a company. In this new version of the book, Reichheld renames NPS the "Net Promoter system" to emphasize elements of the approach beyond the metric.
Reichheld holds a B.A. from Harvard College (1974) and an MBA from Harvard Business School (1978). He serves on the board of directors for Rackspace and FirstService and is an investor and advisor for Promoter.io.
- "A Man of Words Is Still Partial to One: Loyalty," Fred Andrews, The New York Times, December 29, 1999.
- "The Top 25 Most Influential Consultants 2003," Consulting Magazine
- "Employee loyalty: An alternative to cocker spaniels," The Economist, August 23, 2001.
- "About The Ultimate Question 2.0 - Bain & Company: Net Promoter System℠". www.netpromotersystem.com. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- Reichheld, Fred; Markey, Rob (2011). The Ultimate Question 2.0: How Net Promoter Companies Thrive in a Customer-Driven World (Rev. and expanded ed.). Boston, Mass.: Harvard Business Review Press. ISBN 978-1-4221-7335-0.
- Reichheld, Fred (2006). The Ultimate Question: Driving Good Profits and True Growth ([Nachdr.]. ed.). Boston, Mass.: Harvard Business School Press. ISBN 978-1-59139-783-0.
- "Fred Reichheld - Bain Fellow @ Bain & Company | crunchbase". www.crunchbase.com. Retrieved 2017-05-03.
- Author info - The Ultimate Question 2.0
- The ultimate question - Fred Reichheld interview (CEO Forum)
- The ultimate question - (Crunchbase)
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|