Frederick V, Landgrave of Hesse-Homburg
||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the German Wikipedia. (December 2010)|
|Landgrave of Hesse-Homburg|
|Spouse||Caroline of Hesse-Darmstadt|
Caroline, Princess of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt
Louise Ulrike, Princess Charles Günther of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt
Amalie, Hereditary Princess of Anhalt-Dessau
Auguste, Hereditary Grand Duchess of Mecklenburg-Schwerin
Maria Anna, Princess Friedrich Wilhelm Karl of Prussia
|House||House of Hesse|
|Father||Frederick IV, Landgrave of Hesse-Homburg|
|Mother||Ulrike Louise of Solms-Braunfels|
30 January 1748|
Bad Homburg vor der Höhe
|Died||20 January 1820
Bad Homburg vor der Höhe
Frederick V Louis William Christian , Landgrave of Hesse-Homburg (30 January 1748, Bad Homburg vor der Höhe – 20 January 1820, Bad Homburg vor der Höhe) was from 1751 to his death landgrave of Hesse-Homburg. He was the son of Frederick IV, Landgrave of Hesse-Homburg and Ulrike Louise of Solms-Braunfels (1731–1792), daughter of Frederick William, Prince of Solms-Braunfels.
In 1768 he married Caroline of Hesse-Darmstadt. The couple had 15 children, of whom the following 11 survived to adulthood:
- Frederick VI, Landgrave of Hesse-Homburg (1769-1829); married in 1818 Princess Elizabeth of the United Kingdom (1770-1840), a daughter of King George III of the United Kingdom.
- Louis William, Landgrave of Hesse-Homburg (1770-1839); married in 1804 Princess Augusta of Nassau-Usingen (1778-1846), divorced 1805.
- Landgravine Ulrike Louise Karoline of Hesse-Homburg (1771-1854); married in 1791 Ludwig Friedrich II, Prince of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt (1767-1807).
- Landgravine Louise Ulrike of Hesse-Homburg (1772-1854); married in 1793 Prince Charles Günther of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt (1771-1825).
- Landgravine Amalie of Hesse-Homburg (1774-1846); married in 1792 Frederick, Hereditary Prince of Anhalt-Dessau (1769-1814).
- Landgravine Auguste of Hesse-Homburg (1776-1871); married in 1818 Frederick Louis, Hereditary Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1778-1819).
- Philip, Landgrave of Hesse-Homburg (1779-1846); married (morganatically) in 1838 Rosalie Antonie, Baroness Schimmelpfennig von der Oye, née Pototschnig (1806-1845), "Countess of Naumburg".
- Gustav, Landgrave of Hesse-Homburg (1781-1848); married in 1818 Princess Louise of Anhalt-Dessau (1798-1858).
- Ferdinand, Landgrave of Hesse-Homburg (1783-1866)
- Landgravine Marie Anna of Hesse-Homburg (1785-1846); married in 1804 Prince Friedrich Wilhelm Karl of Prussia (1783-1851)
- Landgrave Leopold of Hesse-Homburg (1787-1813); killed at the Battle of Großgörschen.
|Ancestors of Frederick V, Landgrave of Hesse-Homburg|
|This article about a member of the German nobility is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|