Frederick station in July 2015
|Location||100 South East Street, Frederick, Maryland|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Connections||TransIT Services of Frederick|
|Opened||December 17, 2001|
|2018||89 daily 5.3% (MARC)|
Frederick is a passenger rail station and the northern terminal of the MARC Brunswick Line's Frederick branch, which heads south toward Washington, D.C. This is one of two stations on the Frederick branch. The station is also a major hub for buses of the TransIT Services of Frederick, Maryland.
Frederick Station is located at 100 South East Street, at the south end of the bridge over Carroll Creek in Frederick, Maryland. It was built on December 17, 2001 on the old Frederick Branch of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad, and was designed to represent some of the original B&O depots of the 19th century. The station is ADA accessible due to a mini-high platform.
|← Brunswick Line termination track |
Brunswick Line toward Union Station (Monocacy) →
|Street level||Exit/entrance, station house, parking, buses|
- "MARC Station Information". MTA Maryland. Retrieved May 29, 2020.
- "December 2018 MARC performance (for Nov 18) - Ridership" (PDF). Maryland Transportation Authority. Retrieved 8 January 2020.
- MARC station list (includes Frederick) MARC official website
- MARC Train, Maryland Transit Administration
- Frederick MARC Station (TrainWeb)
- Station House from Google Maps Street View
|This Maryland train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|