Fredericton International Airport
|Fredericton International Airport|
|IATA: YFC – ICAO: CYFC
– WMO: 71700
|Operator||Greater Fredericton Airport Authority|
|Serves||Fredericton, New Brunswick|
|Location||Lincoln, New Brunswick|
|Time zone||AST (UTC−04:00)|
|• Summer (DST)||ADT (UTC−03:00)|
|Elevation AMSL||67 ft / 20 m|
The airport is classified as an airport of entry by Nav Canada and is staffed by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). CBSA officers at this airport can handle aircraft with no more than 55 passengers or 140 if offloaded in stages.
The airport has two runways and is the second busiest airport in New Brunswick in terms of passenger levels, after the Greater Moncton International Airport. In 2007 the airport handled 267,511 passengers and in 2008 the airport went from 34,078 aircraft movements to 73,330, an increase of 115%, prompting Nav Canada to provide a control tower in 2009/2010. In 2009 the airport saw the number of movements rise by 44.8% to 106,178 making it the 19th busiest in Canada and the only one in the top twenty without air traffic control during the year.
Fredericton was designated an international airport in 2007 by Transport Canada.
Airlines and destinations
|Air Canada Express||Halifax, Montreal–Trudeau, Ottawa, Toronto–Pearson|
|Air Transat||St. John's
Seasonal: Cancún, Puerto Plata (begins March 15, 2017), Punta Cana (begins March 15, 2017)
|Sunwing Airlines||Seasonal: Varadero, Holguín|
The airport has its own fire suppression to handle aircraft related emergency calls.
- Canada Flight Supplement. Effective 0901Z 24 July 2014 to 0901Z 18 September 2014
- "Synoptic/Metstat Station Information". Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Total aircraft movements by class of operation — NAV CANADA towers". Statcan.gc.ca. 2011-05-05. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- Airport sees record passenger traffic in 2010 [dead link]
- Airport to get its own tower[dead link]
- "Total aircraft movements by class of operation — NAV CANADA flight service stations". Statcan.gc.ca. 2011-05-05. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "airtransat Adds New Fredericton-Dominican Republic route from March 2017". AirlineRoute. Retrieved July 13, 2016.