Fredericton International Airport
|Fredericton International Airport|
French: Aéroport international de Fredericton
|Operator||Greater Fredericton Airport Authority|
|Serves||Fredericton, New Brunswick|
|Location||Lincoln, New Brunswick|
|Time zone||AST (UTC−04:00)|
|• Summer (DST)||ADT (UTC−03:00)|
|Elevation AMSL||67 ft / 20 m|
The airport is classified as an airport of entry by Nav Canada and is staffed by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). CBSA officers at this airport can handle aircraft with no more than 55 passengers or 140 if offloaded in stages.
The airport has two runways and is the second-busiest airport in New Brunswick in terms of passenger levels, after the Greater Moncton International Airport. In 2016 the airport handled 377,977 passengers and in 2008 the airport went from 34,078 aircraft movements to 73,330, an increase of 115%, prompting Nav Canada to provide a control tower in 2009/2010. In 2009 the airport saw the number of movements rise by 44.8% to 106,178 making it the 19th-busiest in Canada and the only one in the top twenty without air traffic control during the year.
Fredericton was designated an international airport in 2007 by Transport Canada.
The airport spent $30 million to expand the terminal size by 50% to improve energy efficiency, add more ticket counters, washroom and seating. The expansion began in mid summer of 2018 and lasts for 30 months.
Airlines and destinations
|Air Canada Express||Halifax, Montreal–Trudeau, Ottawa, Toronto–Pearson|
|Sunwing Airlines||Seasonal: Cancun, Holguín, Varadero|
The airport has its own fire suppression to handle aircraft-related emergency calls.
- Canada Flight Supplement. Effective 0901Z 19 July 2018 to 0901Z 13 September 2018.
- "Synoptic/Metstat Station Information". Archived from the original on 2011-12-01. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Total aircraft movements by class of operation — NAV CANADA towers". Statcan.gc.ca. 2011-05-05. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- Airport sees record passenger traffic in 2010
- "Fredericton International Airport posts seventh consecutive year of record-breaking growth - Fredericton International Airport". Fredericton International Airport. Retrieved 2017-05-10.
- Airport to get its own tower
- "Total aircraft movements by class of operation — NAV CANADA flight service stations". Statcan.gc.ca. 2011-05-05. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- Ibrahim, Hadeel (2018-05-01). "Fredericton airport gets green light for $30M-expansion to ease crowding". CBC News.
- Statistics. "YFC: Annual Report". Fredericton International Airport.