Fredrick Richard Senanayake
Fredrick Richard Senanayake (known to as F. R. Senanayake ) (October 20, 1882 – January 1, 1926) was a Ceylonesen lawyer, legislator and independence activist. A leading member of the Sri Lankan independence movement, he was a member of the Legislative Council of Ceylon. His brother Don Stephen Senanayake took his place in the Legislative Council following his death in 1926. D.S. Senanayake would go on to lead Sri Lanka's independence movement, becoming the first Prime Minister of independent Sri Lanka in 1947.
Early life and education
Born in the village of Botale, in the Hapitigam Korale to Mudaliyar Don Spater Senanayake and Dona Catherina Elizabeth Perera Gunasekera Senanayake. His brothers where Don Charles Senanayake and Don Stephen Senanayake.
- List of political families in Sri Lanka
- History of Sri Lanka
- Don Stephen Senanayake
- Richard Gotabhaya Senanayake
- Dudley Senanayake
- Rukman Senanayake
- "The Don Bartholomews Senanayake Family Tree". Sri Lankan Sinhalese Family Genealogy. Retrieved 2007-09-02.
- Sri Lanka's Independence movement
- F R Senanayake’s death anniversary:Selfless servant of people
- "Senanayake, Frederick Richard (SNNK900FR)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
|This article about a Sri Lankan politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|