April 26, 1977 |
|Alma mater||Stockholm School of Economics|
|Occupation||Real Estate Salesperson|
|Spouse(s)||Derek Kaplan (m. 2013)|
Fredrik Eklund (born April 26, 1977 in Stockholm, Sweden) is a New York City real estate broker, a Bravo TV reality star, a former Information technology (IT) entrepreneur in his native Sweden, and a novelist.
Eklund is the brother of author Sigge Eklund and the son of Klas Eklund, who is a senior economist at Swedish bank SEB. His paternal grandparents were Swedish-Danish-Irish-Russian actors Bengt Eklund and Fylgia Zadig.
Fredrik had his first American experience as a foreign exchange student in Edina, Minnesota, where he attended Edina High School. After finishing high school, Eklund studied at the Stockholm School of Economics, but never graduated. He has worked for the financial newspaper Finanstidningen. At the age of 23, Eklund founded an Internet company with over 45 employees, and went on to work for the investment bank SEB in Stockholm, London, Singapore and Tokyo before beginning his work in New York City.
Real estate career
Eklund has closed over two billion dollars in residential real estate. Eklund became Managing Director at the New York City real estate firm CORE Group Marketing and in 2010, alongside his business partner John Gomes, Managing Director at Prudential Douglas Elliman - the largest real estate brokerage on the East Coast. Eklund has also started the top-selling team at Elliman.
He is an active member of the Real Estate Board of New York.
Million Dollar Listing New York
The New York Times featured Fredrik on the front page of The Sunday Style Section in November 2010, and announced he would be shooting a reality TV show for Bravo. He is one of three New York City brokers starring in Bravo's Million Dollar Listing New York which is in its fourth season.
On February 9, 2013, Eklund married artist Derek Kaplan on Little Palm Island in the Florida Keys. The couple live in New York with their dogs Mouse and Fritzy. In 2015, it was announced that the couple were expecting a baby girl, who they would name Milla, who would arrive via surrogacy.
As of 2013, Fredrik has a personal net worth estimated at $55 Million.
- Svensk VD blir porrskådis i USA, Aftonbladet, February 2003, accessed May 2008 (Swedish)
- Widdicombe, Ben (2010-11-14). "From Pornography to Real Estate Mogul". New York Times. p. ST1. Retrieved 2010-11-18.
- En porrfilmstjärnas bekännelser, Svensk Bokhandel, October 2004, Fredrik Eklund, accessed May 2008, (Swedish)
- Direktören blev porrskådis - ger ut bok om karriärbytet, Dagens Nyheter, June 2004, Bernt Hermele, accessed May 2008 (Swedish)
- [dead link]
- "About Fredrik Eklund – The Eklund Gomes Team – Douglas Elliman Real Estate". Retrieved 2015-04-28.
- "Million Dollar Listing New York Cast Bios - Fredrik Eklund, Luis D. Ortiz and Ryan Serhant". Slice.ca. Retrieved 2015-04-27.
- [dead link]
- Chung, Juliet (August 7, 2009). "John Legend Agrees to Buy East Village Apartment". The Wall Street Journal.
- "Fredrik Eklund lämnade porrbranschen – blev stjärnmäklare i New York | New York | USA | Nordamerika | Resmål | Resa | Aftonbladet". Aftonbladet.se. 2010-10-19. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- "Fredrik Eklund - Bio | Bravo TV Official Site". Bravotv.com. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- Nordyke, Kimberly (24 July 2013). "'Million Dollar Listing New York': Fredrik Eklund Previews Wedding Episode". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 25 March 2014.
- "Fredrik Eklund". Bravo. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- "Baby Girl on the Way for Million Dollar Listing New York‘s Fredrik Eklund". People (magazine). 15 April 2015. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- Official website
- The Eklund Gomes Team - Douglas Elliman
- Fredrik Eklund at the Internet Movie Database
- Eklund Stockholm New York