Fredrik Engelstad (born 12 March 1944) is a Norwegian sociologist. He has written several books.
Engelstad earned the dr.philos. degree in 1989. He was an Associate Professor of Sociology at the University of Oslo from 1991 to 2007, and has been a Professor since 2008. He was a research director at the Norwegian Institute for Social Research from 1986 to 2007, and has been the director of the Institute for Social Research since 1997.
- Fredrik Engelstad, ed. (1999) Om makt. Teori og kritikk. Oslo: AdNotam Gyldendal
- Fredrik Engelstad, Carl Erik Grenness, Ragnvald Kalleberg and Raino Malnes (1998), Samfunn og vitenskap. Oslo: AdNotam Gyldendal
- Fredrik Engelstad (1992), Kjærlighetens irrganger. Sinn og samfunn i Bjørnsons og Ibsens diktning. Oslo: Gyldendal
- Fredrik Engelstad (1990), Likhet og styring. Deltakerdemokratiet på prøve. Oslo: Universitetsforlaget
- Dag Østerberg and Fredrik Engelstad (1992), Samfunnsformasjonen. 3. edition. Oslo: Pax
- Schilbred, C. S.; Terje Bratberg (2007). "Engelstad – slekt etter Hans Henrich Glæser". In Henriksen, Petter. Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 1 March 2009.
- "Fredrik Engelstad" (in Norwegian). Dept. of Sociology and Human Geography, University of Oslo. 20 February 2009. Archived from the original on June 7, 2009. Retrieved 1 March 2009.
- Berg, Ole T. (2007). "Institutt for samfunnsforskning". In Henriksen, Petter. Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 1 March 2009.
|This biography of a Norwegian sociologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a Norwegian academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|