|Born||April 27, 1978|
|Known for||Co-founder of The Pirate Bay who was convicted of copyright infringement|
Hans Fredrik Lennart Neij (born 27 April 1978) alias TiAMO is the co-founder of The Pirate Bay, BitTorrent website. Neij was one of the defendants in The Pirate Bay Trial which began on 16 February 2009. He and other operators of The Pirate Bay were charged with assisting users in copyright infringing practices.
On 17 April 2009, Neij was found guilty. He was sentenced to one year in prison and ordered to pay damages of $905,000.
In November 2014, Neij was arrested in Nong Khai on an Interpol warrant while attempting to cross the border from Laos to Thailand. Thai authorities stated that a US-based film association had a Thai lawyer to search for Neij and aid in his capture. During his 3 years in Laos, he had reportedly crossed the border almost 30 times into Thailand, where he had a home on the resort island of Phuket. BayFiles, a Pirate Bay-affiliated file hosting website registered under Neij's name, was abruptly shut down after the arrest.
- "The Pirate Bay co-founder arrested in Nong Khai". The Nation. 4 November 2014. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- Kravets, David (2008-01-31). "Pirate Bay Future Uncertain After Operators Busted". Wired. Retrieved 2015-05-29.
- "The Pirate Bay Trial: The Official Verdict - Guilty - TorrentFreak". TorrentFreak. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- "Updated: Pirate Bay Founder Fredrik Neij Arrested in Asia". TorrentFreak. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- Press, Associated (November 4, 2014). "Pirate Bay co-founder arrested in Thailand". the Guardian. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Pirate Bay Cyberlocker Bayfiles Disappears After Arrest". Torrentfreak. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- Hay Newman, Lily. "Pirate Bay Co-Founder Cruelly Held in Swedish Prison Without Classic Nintendo". Slate. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Pirate Bay co-founder Fredrik Neij released from prison". Ars Technica.
- http://www.aftonbladet.se/senastenytt/ttnyheter/inrikes/article20900279.ab[dead link]
Media related to Fredrik Neij at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about a computer specialist of Europe is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Swedish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|