Fredrik Wilhelm Scholander
Fredrik Wilhelm Scholander (June 23, 1816 – May 9, 1881) was a Swedish architect and artist. 
Fredrik Wilhelm Scholander was born in Stockholm, Sweden. He was the son of Georg Fredrik Scholander (1785-1825) and Karin Nyström (1786 -1866). His mother was the sister of architect Per Axel Nyström (1793–1868). He became fatherless at the age of nine, and his uncle then became his foster father.  Scholander studied art in 1831 at the Royal Swedish Academy of Arts. He settled in Paris during 1841, where for almost two years he was a student of Louis-Hippolyte Lebas (1782–1867) at École des Beaux-Arts.
He was called in 1847 as vice-professor and became a full professor of architecture at the Royal Swedish Academy of Arts in 1848. He trained many members of the next generation of Swedish architects, among them Helgo Zettervall (1831–1907) and Isak Gustaf Clason (1856–1930). From 1851-53 he was director and between 1851-66 he served as treasurer. In 1868, he became the academy's secretary and held this position for his death.  
Among his main works are the Stockholm Synagogue, the Katedralskolan school building in Uppsala, the County Museum in Växjö, Stadshotellet in Mariestad, the old Royal Institute of Technology building on Drottninggatan in Stockholm, the Bernadotte royal burial chapel at Riddarholmskyrkan, as well as several interiors at Drottningholm Palace and the Stockholm Palace.
Scholander was married to his cousin Carin Nyström (1830–1912). They had seven children among them musician and composer Sven Scholander (1860–1936) and artist Anna Boberg (1864 –1935). Scholander died in 1881 and was buried at Norra Begravningsplatsen in Solna. 
- Bo Grandien. "Fredrik Wilhelm Scholander". Svenskt biografiskt lexikon. Retrieved January 1, 2019.
- "Nyström". Nordisk familjebok. Retrieved January 1, 2019.
- "Helgo Zettervall (1831-11-21—1907-03-17)". webarkdok. Archived from the original on November 28, 2012. Retrieved January 1, 2019.
- Ragnar Josephson. "I Gustaf Clason". Svenskt biografiskt lexikon. Retrieved January 1, 2019.
- Scholander, Fredrik Wilhelm in Nordisk Familjebok
- "Scholander, Sven, sångare". Svenskt biografiskt handlexikon. Retrieved January 1, 2019.
- Gr. Thomieus. "Anna K Boberg (f. Scholander)". Svenskt biografiskt lexikon. Retrieved January 1, 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fredrik Wilhelm Scholander.|