Art by David Nakayama.
|First appearance||Big Hero 6 #1 (September 2008)|
|Team affiliations||Big Hero 6|
|Abilities||Kaiju aura generation|
The character was created by Chris Claremont and David Nakayama and first appeared in Big Hero 6 #1 (September 2008). He along with Wasabi-No-Ginger were meant to serve as replacements for then current members Sunpyre and Ebon Samurai.
Fictional character biography
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2014)
Powers and abilities
In other media
|Big Hero 6 character|
Walt Disney Animation Studios re-imagining of Fred
|First appearance||Big Hero 6 (2014)|
T. J. Miller (film) |
Brooks Wheelan (TV series)
|Full name||Frederick Frederickson IV|
Fred appears in the Walt Disney Animation Studios 2014 animated film Big Hero 6, voiced by T. J. Miller. In the film, he is depicted as a laid-back comic book fan who works as the mascot at the San Fransokyo Institute of Technology. Speaking of Miller, co-director Chris Williams said "He's a real student of comedy. There are a lot of layers to his performance, so Fred ended up becoming a richer character than anyone expected." In much of the promotional materials, Fred initials his last name as "L.".
Fred considers himself a "major science enthusiast" and is always asking his friends to build and design things that are outside the laws of probability. Fred has a blue dragon suit built for him by Hiro which allows him to leap great distances and shoot fire. During the movie Fred's friends learn that he is actually incredibly wealthy, and he provides the secret base (his huge house), financial support, and necessary training for them to become superheroes. In the post-credits scene, Fred accidentally opens a secret door in his home, in which he finds superhero costumes and equipment. Fred then finds out these belong to his father (voiced by Stan Lee and animated in his likeness), a retired superhero, when he unexpectedly returns from his vacation. As they embrace each other, he says that he and Fred have much to talk about.
Fred appears in Big Hero 6: The Series, voiced by Brooks Wheelan. In the first episode, "Baymax Returns", Fred reveals his full name as Frederick Frederickson IV (retconning the promotional material). He pushes the team to continue crime fighting and he comes up with the name "Big Hero 6." Fred is shown to be very much aware of his own screw ups and in "Fred's Bro-Tillion" made every attempt to succeed in pleasing his mother who by the end accepts Fred's quirks. The nickname "Fredzilla" is uttered for the first time as he refers to himself as such in "The Impatient Patient". and "Mr. Sparkles Loses His Sparkle".
- Big Hero Six #5 (January 2009). Marvel Comics.
- Big Hero Six #2 (October 2008)
- Good, Kathleen (director); Bob Schooley and Mark McCorkle (writer) (July 7, 2018). "The Impatient Patient". Big Hero 6: The Series. Season 1. Episode 9. Disney XD.
- Heneveld, Stephen and Ben Juwono (director); Sharon Flynn and Paiman Kalayen (writer) (November 20, 2017). "Baymax Returns". Big Hero 6: The Series. Season 1. Episode 1. Disney XD.
- "Disney Gives Marvel Fans First Look at Big Hero 6 Animated Film". IGN. 9 August 2013. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- Stradling, Morgan (March 27, 2014). "Comedian TJ Miller is First Voice Actor Announced for Disney's 'Big Hero 6′ – He's Voicing Fred!". Rotoscopers. Retrieved March 28, 2014.
- Truitt, Brian (July 13, 2014). "Meet the saviors of San Fransokyo in 'Big Hero 6'". USA Today. Retrieved July 14, 2014.
- Yamato, Jen (July 14, 2014). "Maya Rudolph, James Cromwell, More Join Disney's Marvel Animation 'Big Hero 6′". Deadline. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- "Fred" (PDF). xprizechallenge.org. Retrieved September 24, 2014.
- disneybighero6-bh6 (November 2, 2014). "Fred..." Tumblr. Retrieved April 19, 2018.
- "'Big Hero 6': Maya Rudolph & More Reprise Roles for Disney XD Animated Series". Deadline. November 3, 2016. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
- Heneveld, Stephen (director); Sharon Flynn (writer) (June 10, 2018). "Fred's Bro-Tillion". Big Hero 6: The Series. Season 1. Episode 4. Disney XD.
- Good, Kathleen (director); Paiman Kalayen (writer) (July 14, 2018). "Mr. Sparkles Loses His Sparkle". Big Hero 6: The Series. Season 1. Episode 10. Disney XD.
|This Marvel Comics superhero-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|