Free (Marcus Miller album)
|Studio album by Marcus Miller|
|Released||July 2, 2007|
|Label||3 Deuces Records|
|Producer||Marcus Miller, David Isaac|
|Marcus Miller chronology|
The album's title track is a cover of the 1977 Deniece Williams song. UK soul singer Corinne Bailey Rae provided lead vocals. "Higher Ground" is a song originally recorded by Stevie Wonder, and "What Is Hip" was originally performed by Tower of Power. "Jean Pierre" was originally performed by Miles Davis (On "We Want Miles", 1982). Blues singer Keb' Mo' performs lead vocals and co-wrote with Marcus Miller the track entitled "Milky Way".
The album's US version has not only a new title, Marcus, but the tracks have been remixed/recut. Four additional tracks have been added to the album as well.
All tracks produced by Marcus Miller; except where indicated
- "Funk Joint"
- "Free" (Deneice Williams, Hank Redd, Nathan Watts, Susaye Greene)
- "Milky Way" (Miller, Kevin R. Moore)
- "Pluck (Interlude)"
- "When I Fall in Love" (Edward Heyman, Victor Young)
- "Jean Pierre" (Miles Davis)
- "Higher Ground" (Stevie Wonder)
- "What Is Hip?" (David Garibaldi, Emilio Castillo, Stephen M. Kupka)