Free Spirit Alliance
The Free Spirit Alliance (FSA) is a non-profit spiritual networking organization serving the Pagan and pantheist communities. Founded on May 21, 1986 and based in the Mid-Atlantic area of the United States, the alliance's focus has been on presenting regional and local events where people from diverse backgrounds can learn and share ideas. Its promotional literature and website state that the organization has striven to develop a national reputation for being willing to work with often sensitive and personal issues in a friendly and safe environment.
FSA’s main event is the Free Spirit Gathering, held in June. It has also run a retreat event in the fall. The gathering is held at a private campground near Darlington, Maryland. FSA previously ran Sacred Sexuality Beltane (held over five days at Beltane in May). That festival has been transferred to Turtle Hill Events.
The Free Spirit Gathering is by far the organization's largest event, attracting people from as far away as Washington, California, Hawaii, Texas, Minnesota and Canada. It is one of the oldest Pagan festivals in the country, celebrating its 25th year in 2010, and in peak years has had an attendance of over 800 people.
- Alder, Margot (1986). Drawing Down the Moon. New York: Penguin Compass. ISBN 0-14-019536-X. p 514
- Maryland DAT Corporate Registrations See filing date of organization's charter with the Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation
- Free Spirit Gathering
- The Beltane Gathering
- Paige,Anthony (2003). American Witch: Magick for the Modern Seeker. Citadel Press. ISBN 0-8065-2511-8. p 79
- "Free Spirit Gathering". Witchvox.com. 2010-07-11. Retrieved 2013-08-25.
- Rabinovitch, Shelley and James Lewis (2004). The Encyclopedia of Modern Witchcraft and Neo-Paganism. Citadel Press. ISBN 0-8065-2407-3. p 309