Jump to navigation Jump to search
Free energy may refer to:
- Thermodynamic free energy, the energy in a physical system that can be converted to do work, in particular:
- Variational free energy, a construct from information theory that is used in variational Bayesian methods
- Free energy device, a hypothetical perpetual motion device that creates energy, thereby contradicting the laws of thermodynamics
- Free energy suppression conspiracy theory, in which advanced energy technologies are suppressed by governments or special interest groups
- In economics, energy from sources that do not require an input which has to be paid for (usually a sub-set of renewable energy)
- Free Energy (band), a 5-piece rock band on DFA Records
- Free-energy relationship, a relation between the reaction rate or equilibrium constants of two series of chemical reactions
- Free energy perturbation, a method based on statistical mechanics that is used in computational chemistry for computing free energy differences
- Free energy principle, a variational formulation of self-organisation in biological systems, applied in particular to neuroscience
- Principle of minimum energy, a thermodynamic formulation based on the second law
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Free energy.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.