Freedom (Santana album)
|Studio album by Santana|
|Recorded||at the Plant Studios|
|Producer||Jeffrey Cohen, Carlos Santana, Chester Thompson, Sterling Crew|
|The Rolling Stone Album Guide|||
Freedom is the fourteenth studio album by Santana.
By this recording, Santana had nine members, some of which had returned after being with the band in previous versions. Freedom moved away from the more poppy sound of the previous album, Beyond Appearances and back to the band's original Latin rock. It failed, however, to revive Santana's commercial fortunes, reaching only ninety-five on the album chart.
- "Veracruz" (Jeffrey Cohen, Buddy Miles, Gregg Rolie, Carlos Santana) – 4:23
- "She Can't Let Go" (Cohen, Tom Coster, Alphonso Johnson, Cory Lerios) – 4:45
- "Once It's Gotcha" (Cohen, Coster, Johnson) – 5:42
- "Love Is You" (Santana, Chester D. Thompson) – 3:54
- "Songs of Freedom" (Coster, Miles, Santana) – 4:28
- "Deeper, Dig Deeper" (Sterling Crew, Miles, Santana, Thompson) – 4:18
- "Praise" (Crew, Miles, Santana, Thompson) – 4:36
- "Mandela" (Armando Peraza) – 5:31
- "Before We Go" (Jim Capaldi, Santana) – 3:54
- "Victim of Circumstance" (Crew, Miles, Gary Rashid, Santana) – 5:21
- Carlos Santana – guitar, vocals
- Tom Coster – keyboards
- Chester D. Thompson – keyboards
- Gregg Rolie – synthesizer, keyboards
- Sterling Crew – keyboards/synths
- Alphonso Johnson – bass
- Graham Lear – drums
- Armando Peraza – percussion, conga
- Orestes Vilató – percussion, timbales
- Raul Rekow – percussion, conga, vocals
- Buddy Miles – vocals
- Ruhlmann, William. Freedom (Santana album) at AllMusic
- Guterman, Jimmy (1987-05-07). "Santana: Freedom : Music Reviews : Rolling Stone". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on 2007-11-12. Retrieved 14 April 2012.
- "Santana: Album Guide". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 14 April 2012.
- "Freedom - Santana | Awards | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
|This 1980s rock album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|