The Freedom Army (Esercito della Libertà) or Silvio's Army (Esercito di Silvio) is a wing of Forza Italia. On 28 April 2013 the four-time Prime Minister of Italy Silvio Berlusconi and his entourage launched an online initiative which consisted in the recruitment of volunteers, who are available to defend Berlusconi from the convictions of Milan's prosecutors, who are dealing with his trials, and who, Berlusconi often accused of being communists and anti-democratic.
Simone Furlan, the creator of the army said in an interview: "There comes a time in life, when you realize that fighting for an ideal is no longer a choice but an obligation. We civil society we were helpless spectators of the "War of the Twenty Years" which saw Silvio Berlusconi fight and defend against slanderous accusations of all kinds, the result of a judicial persecution without precedent in history". This initiative has been severely condemned, by the Democratic Party, the Five Star Movement and Left Ecology Freedom.
- "Ma l'Esercito di Silvio è legale?". Giornalettismo. 2013-01-18. Retrieved 2014-07-18.
- "Foto Contro la persecuzione dei magistrati, arriva "l'esercito di Silvio" per difendere il Cavaliere". Repubblica.it. 2013-05-28. Retrieved 2014-07-18.
- "Esercito di Silvio". Esercitodellaliberta.it. Retrieved 2014-07-18.
- 28 maggio 2013. "Nasce l'esercito di Silvio, sito per arruolare "difensori" di Berlusconi dai giudici". Il Sole 24 ORE. Retrieved 2014-07-18.
- "È nato l'esercito di Berlusconi - Ticinonews". Ticinonews.ch. Retrieved 2014-07-18.
|This article about an organisation based in Italy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about politics in Italy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|