Freedom Township, Wood County, Ohio
|Freedom Township, Wood County, Ohio|
Fields southeast of Pemberville
Location of Freedom Township in Wood County
|• Total||30.3 sq mi (78.4 km2)|
|• Land||30.3 sq mi (78.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||653 ft (199 m)|
|• Density||90/sq mi (35/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087182|
Freedom Township is one of the nineteen townships of Wood County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census found 2,727 people in the township, 1,356 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Troy Township - north
- Woodville Township, Sandusky County - northeast
- Madison Township, Sandusky County - east
- Scott Township, Sandusky County - southeast corner
- Montgomery Township - south
- Portage Township - southwest corner
- Center Township - west
- Webster Township - northwest
The village of Pemberville is located in northern Freedom Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Freedom township, Wood County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 22, 2013.
- "Cities, Townships, & Villages". Wood County Government. Archived from the original on June 6, 2015. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- Leeson, Michael A. (1897). Commemorative Historical and Biographical Record of Wood County, Ohio: Its Past and Present, Early Settlement and Development. J.H. Beers & Company. p. 255.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 2009-04-30.
- "Wood County Township Association". Wood County Township Association. Retrieved 2009-08-14.