Freedom and Socialism Party
|Founded||21 December 2011|
The Freedom and Socialism Party (Turkish: Özgürlük ve Sosyalizm Partisi, ÖSP) is a Kurdish-based democratic socialist and federalist political party in Turkey. The party mentioned as Partiya Azadî û Sosyalîzmê in Kurdish.
Communist Party of Kurdistan cadres including Sinan Çiftyürek and Mehmet Akyol announced the founding of a new frame for a legal party named Mesopotamia Socialist Party (Mezopotamya Sosyalist Partisi) after a November 2003 meeting in Gaziantep. The initiative for Mesopotamia Socialist Party merged with the Socialist Party Founders Committee, another faction of Kurdish socialists in October 2010. The new group was named the Freedom and Socialism Party and it was officially founded on 19 December 2011 with Çiftyürek as the chairman.
Founder and chairman Sinan Çiftyürek describes the Freedom and Socialist Party as "a workers' party with a socialist line" and with no particular ethnic emphasis albeit its Kurdish background. The party propagates a federation of Turkish and Kurdish peoples "on a condition of equality".
- "Parti tüzüğü" (PDF) (in Turkish). T.C. Yargıtay Cumhuriyet Başsavcılığı. Retrieved 19 February 2017.
- "Özgürlük ve Sosyalizm Partisi" (in Turkish). T.C. Yargıtay Cumhuriyet Başsavcılığı. Retrieved 19 February 2017.
- Sosyalist Mezopotamya December 2003
- TEVKURD ve son gelişmeler üzerine
- Özgürlük ve Sosyalizm Partisi için ortak karar
- Kürt Sosyalistleri “Özgürlük ve Sosyalizm Partisi” Kurma Kararı Aldı
- Özgürlük ve Sosyalizm Partisi Kuruldu