Freehold, New York
|Freehold, New York|
|• Total||16.56 sq mi (42.9 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||423 ft (129 m)|
|• Density||88/sq mi (34/km2)|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP code||12431 (Greene)|
|GNIS feature ID||950661|
The town is centered on the junction of NY 32 and Greene County Route 67. There are several buildings there, such as the firehouse and a general store. Although it is in the Catskill Mountains, the range's northern Escarpment dominates the view south from Freehold.
Freehold Airport is located one mile west of the town and is a major hub for gliders.
- Esbon Blackmar, former US Congressman
Author Frank Vander Pyle lived and wrote his books in Freehold, where he lived most of his life and raised his family there. His daughter, Carrie Taranova, also an author, was born and raised in Freehold, New York, but has resided in her beloved South in Florida since 1980.
Author Dawn Greenfield Ireland (The Puppy Baby Book, and cozy mystery series Hot Chocolate) moved to Freehold in 2016. She writes and publishes under her publishing company Artistic Origins Inc.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Freehold, New York
- "ZIPskinny demographic information for 12431 - FREEHOLD NEW YORK". ZIPskinny. Retrieved 30 June 2010.
- "American FactFinder". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 28 May 2010.
- "Find Area Code". White Pages. Retrieved 30 June 2010.
- "ZIP Code Lookup". ZIPinfo. Retrieved 30 June 2010.
|This article about a location in Greene County, New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|