|Directed by||Dan Rosen|
|Produced by||Adam Duritz
Gregory P. Cimino III
|Written by||Dan Rosen
|Music by||Dave Gibbs
|Edited by||Brad E. Wilhite|
Broken Lizard Industries
Matthew Pritzker Films
|Distributed by||Myriad Pictures|
Freeloaders is an American ensemble comedy film directed by Dan Rosen and written by both Rosen and singer Dave Gibbs. The film is produced by comedy-troupe Broken Lizard and is independently financed. Freeloaders stars Clifton Collins Jr., Josh Lawson, Kevin Sussman, Zoe Boyle, Nat Faxon, Warren Hutcherson, Jane Seymour, Olivia Munn, Dave Foley and Counting Crows lead singer Adam Duritz. It follows a group of friends who find their luxurious lifestyle threatened when the rock star they freeload off decides to sell his home.
Six slackers that mooch off Counting Crows frontman Adam Duritz and have been crashing at his California mansion for years struggle to maintain their lifestyle when he informs them that he is selling his home. Individually, the friends seek new living arrangements to no avail, so they attempt to prevent the sale of the home altogether, as well as raise money to purchase it.
The cast includes:
Freeloaders was brought to Broken Lizard early into its development, to help gain funding to produce the project. Principal photography was scheduled to begin in January 2009. As of October 2010, Freeloaders had entered into post-production and was awaiting distribution. On October 1st, 2010, the film was privately screened by Broken Lizard and Duritz at the John Anson Ford Amphitheatre in Los Angeles. On November 3, 2011, Myriad Pictures acquired all distribution rights to the film outside of North America.
- Siegel, Tatiana (January 29, 2009). "Broken Lizard gets some 'Freeloaders'". variety.com. Variety. Retrieved September 14, 2011.
- Siegel, Tatiana (November 11, 2008). "Adam Duritz, Broken Lizard making film". variety.com. Variety. Retrieved September 14, 2011.
- Fleming, Mike (November 3, 2010). "AFM: Myriad Nabs Foreign On 'Freeloaders'". Deadline.com. PMC. Retrieved November 14, 2011.
- Fernandez, Jay (April 21, 2010). "Two writers join Broken Lizard comedy". hollywoodreporter.com. The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 9, 2011.
- Houser, Kristen (September 23, 2010). "Adam Duritz And Broken Lizard present Freeloaders". LA Music Blog. Retrieved June 9, 2011.