Freemake Music Box
|Developer(s)||Ellora Assets Corporation|
|Initial release||28 December 2011|
0.9.6 / August 16, 2012
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Platform||.NET Framework 4|
|Available in||English, German, French, Russian, Spanish, Japanese|
Freemake Music Box is the fourth software application developed by Ellora Assets Corporation and is currently in pre-release status. It is a freeware program designed to stream free music to users without the need to create an account or set up a subscription.
Freemake Music Box is a Windows application for searching and listening to music from the Internet. The program indexes music legally posted online. Users can input a query in the search box and the application displayes search results which are divided into songs, albums, and artists.
All displayed music tracks are played in sequence with built-in audio player. There are options to loop, pause, stop, and fast forward tracks in the player. The program has the ability to play the music video related to the current song. Freemake Music Box does not offer any option to download music. The program also has features to build and save playlists of music. It also allows to import local playlists from other media players like Winamp, Windows Media Player, AIMP, VLC media player, etc. It has no support for handheld devices or sharing playlists between users.
The program interface is based on Windows Presentation Foundation technology.
- "Need help with Freemake?". Freemake Support. Ellora Assets Corporation.
- Wilson, Mark (29 December 2011). "Freemake Music Box: Streaming, no subscription required". Betanews.
- Fawad, Mir (29 December 2011). "Freemake Music Box: Listen To Online Music & Watch YouTube Videos". Addictivetips.
- "Find and listen to music online with Freemake Music Box". Freewaregenius. 2 January 2012.
- "Freemake Music Box: Search, Listen and Organize Online Songs". Techdows. 28 December 2011.
- "Import your playlists with Music Box 0.9.5". Freemake News. 16 July 2012.