Freeport High School (Maine)
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Freeport High School|
|30 Holbrook Street
Freeport, Maine 04032
|School district||Regional School Unit No. 5|
|Assistant Principal||Charlie Mellon|
|Color(s)||Maroon, Black and White|
Freeport High School is a public high school in Freeport, Maine for students in grades 9–12 residing in the towns of Freeport, Durham, and Pownal. Freeport High School is one of four schools in the Freeport Public School District; the others being Mast Landing School, Morse Street School, and Freeport Middle School.
The student population at Freeport High School for the 2010–2011 school year was approximately 500 students.
As with other districts in the Greater Portland area, the SAT scores of Freeport High School were significantly higher than the State Average, coming in 10th in the state for Math and Reading, and 11th in Writing.
In the Mathematics section, Freeport students had an average score of 485, tying with York High School. In the Reading section, Freeport students had an average score of 492, tying with Scarborough High School. Finally, in the writing section, Freeport students received an average score of 483. 
Freeport High School has often had high graduation rates for its students. Between the 2010–2011 and 2013–2014 school years, Regional School Unit 5 (of which Freeport High School is the main secondary school) reported graduation rates of 92%.
Freeport High School is one of only two schools in the state that consistently enters student written one-act plays into the Maine Principals' Association's annual drama festival, the other being Morse High School.
In 2016, the seventh seeded varsity baseball team had a historic playoff run, winning a playoff game for the first time since 1985 in the preliminary round and making it to the state championship game for the first time, where they lost to Old Town. 
- Boys' Soccer: 1976, 1977, 1978 Class B State Champions.
- Boys' Basketball: 1959, 1960, 1964, 1966, 1969 Class C State Champions.
- Girls' Cross-Country Running: 4-time Class C State Champions 2003–2006 and 2006 Western Maine Conference Champions. (In 2005, Freeport High School placed first out of all girls' cross country teams in Maine, in all classes.)
- Girls' Lacrosse: 1991 Class B State Champions
- Girls' Alpine Skiing: 2006, 2011, 2012 Class C State Champions
- Girls' Combined Skiing: 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012 Class C State Champions
- Girls' Nordic Skiing: 2006 Sassi Memorial Invitational, Western Maine Conference, and Class C State Champions
- Boys' Alpine Skiing: 2002, 2003, 2006 Class C State Champions
- Boys' Combined Skiing: 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011 Class C State Champions
- Boys' Nordic Skiing: 2010 Class C State Champions
- Boys' Alpine Skiing: 2017 Class B State Champions
- Keating, Bryn. "Area SAT Scores Among Best in State." The Forecaster 4 Jan. 2007, Northern ed., sec. 1: 1+.
- "Maine high school graduation rates". Data: Maine high school graduation rates. Portland Press Herald. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
- Chase, Chris (21 March 2014). "Freeport team hopes to make history in one-act drama competition - The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram". Portland Press Herald. Retrieved 20 September 2016.