|Owner||Freeway Airport Inc.|
|Location||3900 Church Rd.|
|Elevation AMSL||168 ft / 51 m|
Freeway Airport (FAA LID: W00) is a privately-owned airport located in Mitchellville, Prince George's County, Maryland, United States. They have Cessna 152's, 162's, 172's, a PA28R-200 IFR, and a PA-44 180 IFR available to rent. 
Freeway Airport became active in June 1961, in Prince George's County, 2 miles NW of Mitchellville, Maryland. Freeway has maintained an active flight school operation since its founding.
Hani Hanjour, one of the hijackers involved in the events of September 11, 2001 attempted to rent an aircraft at Freeway Airport after claiming to be qualified to do so. A month before the attack, "instructors at Freeway Airport in Bowie flew with him and deemed him unfit to rent a plane by himself".
Crashes and incidents
In September 3, 2013 a Mooney M20 had crashed while attempting to go around. The 3 people on board were badly injured.
- FAA Airport Master Record for W00 ( PDF), effective 2013-10-17
- Article in Freeway Aviation
- Fainaru, Steve; Whoriskey, Peter (September 19, 2001). "Hijack Suspects Tried Many Flight Schools: 'Polite, Quiet' Men Stirred No Concerns". Washington Post. p. A15.
- Goldstein, Amy (September 30, 2001). "Hijackers Led By Core Group: Suspects Left Trail of Movements In U.S. Through Licenses, Rentals". Washington Post. p. A01.
- Klein, Allison; Harris, Hamil R. (February 23, 2006). "Two Killed as Cessna Crashes Trying to Land at Bowie Airport; Officials at Bowie Airport Say They Tried to Divert Pilot Because of Poor Visibility". Washington Post. Retrieved 2013-11-10.
- "Small Plane Crashes in Bowie, Close to Route 50 | NBC4 Washington". Nbcwashington.com. 2016-05-19. Retrieved 2017-01-19.
Airport WebSite: Freeway Aviation