Freeze (T-Pain song)
|Single by T-Pain featuring Chris Brown|
|from the album Thr33 Ringz|
|Released||October 10, 2008|
|Format||Digital download, CD single|
|Genre||Pop, beatboxing, funk, R&B, dance|
|Songwriter(s)||T-Pain, Chris Brown|
|T-Pain singles chronology|
|Chris Brown singles chronology|
"Freeze" is the third and final single from R&B singer T-Pain from his third album, Thr33 Ringz. The song features singer Chris Brown. The song was released on iTunes on October 10  and was added to T-Pain's MySpace on October 17. A version that features Omarion was originally on the album, but was changed to Chris Brown.
The Guardian editor Alex Macpherson praised the production: "Thr33 Ringz' humour is still superbly crass and mostly enjoyable, especially when allied with the skittering beats and post-funk bounce of Freeze." Jesal 'Jay Soul' Padania of RapReviews.com called this song nice enough. Eric Henderson wrote a positive review: "Freeze" might be another freeze-dried Chris Brown upper, but it boasts the cleanest production this side of Ne-Yo."
The shoot for the music video was released on YouTube on September 30 by Mike & Rocco (reality). The video was set to premiere on January 5, 2009 but leaked on December 31, 2008 and was officially released on January 1, 2009 via MTV Jams.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
"Freeze" debuted at number 38 on the Billboard Hot 100 in the US with downloads only, and also debuted at number 45 on the Canadian Hot 100 and number 62 on the UK Singles Chart due to digital downloads in those countries. Also in the US it charted on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs after its physical release at number 39. It has been most successful in Australia and New Zealand peaking at number 26 and number 23 respectively.
|US Billboard Hot 100||38|
|US Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs||39|
|US Billboard Pop 100||52|
|Canadian Hot 100||45|
|UK Singles Chart||62|
|Australian ARIA Singles Chart||26|
|Australian Urban Top 40||8|
|New Zealand Singles Chart||23|
- Countdown to Thr33 Ringz. iTunes. Accessed October 10, 2008.
- Freeze video shoot
- "Check out this video: CHRIS BROWN & T-PAIN Behind the NEW Video for FREEZE van T Pain op Myspace". Blogs.myspace.com. 2008-12-22. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- The video ranked at #82 on BET's Notarized: Top 100 Videos of 2009 countdown.. 
- "T-Pain and Chris Brown - Freeze - Music Charts". Acharts.us. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- Top 40 Urban Albums & Singles Chart Archived September 12, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- "The Official New Zealand Music Chart". Rianz.org.nz. Archived from the original on 2010-01-13. Retrieved 2012-02-16. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|This 2000s pop song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2000s R&B/soul music song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|