He gained international recognition for his novel La Femme Lapidée, in 1990, about Soraya Manutchehri, which was translated four years later as The Stoning of Soraya M.: A True Story. The book became the basis for screenplay of the 2008 film The Stoning of Soraya M., in which the American actor James Caviezel portrays Sahebjam.
Before his death, he had recently written a biography on his mother, an aristocrat of Qajar heritage, entitled Une Princesse Persane. He died on Wednesday 26 March 2008, at the age of 75. The cause of death was not reported.
- The Stoning of Soraya M., Arcade Publishing, 1994
- Une Princesse Persane, a biography of his mother, an aristocrat of Qajar heritage
- Morte parmi les vivants : Une tragédie afghane
- La Femme Lapidée [The Stoning of Soraya M.]
- Je n'ai plus de larmes pour pleurer (with Reza Behrouzi)
- Le Vieux de la montagne
- Reviens Mahomet, ils sont devenus fous : Chroniques de la barbarie islamique ordinaire
- Le Dernier Eunuque
- Mohamad reza pahlavi, shah d'iran
- Un procès sans appel
- http://www.sahebjam.fr/ (in Memorial Freidoune SAHEBJAM )
|This article about a French journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Iranian journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|