Freja Beha Erichsen
Freja Beha Erichsen
Erichsen in September 2007
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)|
Freja Beha Erichsen (born 18 October 1987), also known as Freja Beha, is a Danish model. Dubbed as the "Queen of Cool", she is known for her androgynous look and for being one of the muses of Karl Lagerfeld.
Early life and education
Discovered on the streets of her native Denmark by a modeling agent passing by, Erichsen made her debut as a model in 2005 at the fall Paris and Milan shows of Prada, Louis Vuitton, and Miu Miu (which she opened). She continues to walk the runways of New York, Paris, Milan and also London, both in the Ready-to-wear and Haute Couture seasons. She has appeared in editorials for American, French, Italian, Australian, German, British, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Russian editions of Vogue, Interview, W, American and Russian Harper's Bazaar, French and Korean Numéro, i-D, V and Purple. She has also appeared on the cover of Italian, French, and British Vogue, Korean Numéro, i-D, V, and W. In 2008, casting agent James Scully said of Erichsen:
Erichsen has walked the runways for Miu Miu, Dolce & Gabbana, Tom Ford, Shiatzy Chen, Chanel, Dior, Gucci, Versace, Burberry, Anna Sui, DKNY, Jean Paul Gaultier, Oscar de la Renta, Michael Kors, Dior, Kenzo, Just Cavalli, Versace, Marc Jacobs, Paco Rabanne, Carolina Herrera, Givenchy, Proenza Schouler, Alexander McQueen, Loewe, Céline, Diane von Furstenberg, Zac Posen, Salvatore Ferragamo, Emilio Pucci, John Galliano, Giambattista Valli, Moschino, Tommy Hilfiger, Elie Saab, Alexander Wang, Blumarine, Dries Van Noten, Fendi, Vera Wang, Stella McCartney, Prada, Balenciaga, Diesel, Balmain, Jil Sander, Alberta Ferretti, Derek Lam, Balenciaga, Christian Lacroix, Sonia Rykiel, Lanvin and Louis Vuitton
She has appeared in advertising campaigns for Karl Lagerfeld, Balenciaga, Gucci, Bottega Veneta, Harry Winston, Inc., Yves Saint Laurent, Moncler, Georg Jensen, Hugo Boss, Missoni, Louis Vuitton, rag+bone, Anthony Vaccarello, Calvin Klein, Bally, Tiffany & Co., Hermès, Isabel Marant, Coach, Zara, Chanel, Michael Kors, Gianfranco Ferré, Pringle of Scotland, Emporio Armani, Jill Sander, Roberto Cavalli, Chloé, MaxMara, Valentino, Jaeger, H&M, GAP, Prada Tom Ford, and Pollini. She is one of the faces of the fragrance Gucci by Gucci alongside Natasha Poly and Raquel Zimmermann, and starred in the television advertisement directed by David Lynch. She was also the face of the Calvin Klein fragrance IN2U. In 2011, she became the face of the fragrance Valentina by Valentino.
At the height of her career she was ranked second on the Top 50 Models Women list by models.com, along with Natasha Poly. As of October 2013, she is listed as one of the "Industry Icons". Vogue Paris declared her one of the top 30 models of the 2000s.
Erichsen is featured in the 2011 edition of the Pirelli Calendar, photographed by Karl Lagerfeld. Erichsen is part of history, in what marks the magazine's first multi-cover in the publication's 95-years, landing one of the three May Vogue UK covers in celebration of the most anticipated wedding of the year - the Royal wedding.
Erichsen enjoys listening to the music of PJ Harvey, the Danish group Kira and the Kindred Spirits, Janis Joplin and Jeff Buckley. She currently resides in New York City. Erichsen is a lesbian.
- "Freja Beha". IMG Models. Archived from the original on 6 December 2007. Retrieved 2007-10-07.
- "Freja Beha Erichsen - Model". MODELS.com.
- "The New Queen of Cool". Archived from the original on 1 October 2015. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- Herbst, Kendall (9 May 2008). "Casting Agent James Scully's All-Time Favorite Models". New York. Retrieved 20 February 2011.
- "The queen of cool: Freja Beha Erichsen". Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- "Freja Beha Erichsen the New Face of Maybelline New York". 7 September 2012. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- "Freja Beha Erichsen Interview - Style & Vogue Covers". Vogue U.K. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- "Model Cause: Freja Beha Erichsen rallies support for doctors without borders". Vogue.com. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- "Karl's Girls: Looking Back at 14 Chanel Favorites". Style.com. 31 March 2015. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- "Freja Beha Erichsen". Harpers Bazaar. Archived from the original on 15 January 2009. Retrieved 1 May 2011.
- "Freja Beha". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "PRADA Abbigliamento Autunno Inverno 2013 2014". Newemotion.it. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 28 July 2007. Retrieved 2 November 2009.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "MODELS.com's Industry Icons". MODELS.com. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Les 30 mannequins des années 2000". Vogue.fr. Archived from the original on 25 August 2010. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Karl Lagerfeld Unveils the 2011 Pirelli Calendar". Pedestrian.tv. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- Foster, Kimberley (5 April 2011). "Vogue UK's triple treat: Lara Stone, Natalia Vodianova & Freja Beha Erichsen". Archived from the original on 8 April 2011. Retrieved 27 April 2011.
- "Top 10 women 2007". Vmagazine.com/fashion_article.php?n=859. Archived from the original on 2 February 2008. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- Vogue Paris April 2009, Top Models Supplement
- "Freja Baha". New York. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Lesbian Model Freja Beha Erichsen Has The Best Runway Walk". www.out.com. 31 March 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Freja Beha Erichsen.|