Freja Beha Erichsen
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Freja Beha Erichsen|
Erichsen in September 2007
18 October 1987 |
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Manager||Unique Models (Copenhagen - mother agency)
IMG (London, Milan, New York, Paris, Sydney)
Dominique Models (Brussels)
Louisa Models (Munich)
Freja Beha Erichsen (born 18 October 1987 in Roskilde, Denmark), also known as Freja Beha, is a Danish model. Dubbed as the "Queen of Cool", she is known for her androgynous look and for being one of the muses of Karl Lagerfeld.
Discovered on the streets of her native Denmark by a modeling agent passing by, Erichsen made her debut as a model in 2005 at the fall Paris and Milan shows of Prada, Louis Vuitton, and Miu Miu (which she opened). She continues to walk the runways of New York, Paris, Milan and also London, both in the Ready-to-wear and Haute Couture seasons. Erichsen has walked for Shiatzy Chen, Chanel, Dior, Gucci, Burberry, Alexander Wang, Prada, Balmain, Balenciaga, Christian Lacroix, Zac Posen, Sonia Rykiel, Lanvin and Versace among many others.
She has appeared in advertising campaigns for brands such as Balenciaga, Jil Sander, Gucci, Harry Winston, Inc., Georg Jensen, Hugo Boss, H&M, CK by Calvin Klein, Hermès, Isabel Marant, Chanel, Gianfranco Ferré, Pringle of Scotland, Emporio Armani, Roberto Cavalli, Chloé, Karl Lagerfeld, MaxMara, Valentino, Pollini, Jaeger, GAP, Prada and Tom Ford eyeswear. She is one of the faces of the fragrance Gucci by Gucci alongside Natasha Poly and Raquel Zimmermann, and starred in the television advertisement directed by David Lynch. She was also the face of the Calvin Klein fragrance IN2U. In 2011, she became the face of the fragrance Valentina by Valentino.
She has appeared in editorials for many fashion magazines, including the American, French, Italian, Australian, German, British, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Russian editions of Vogue, Interview Magazine, W Magazine, American and Russian Harper's Bazaar, French and Korean Numéro, i-D, V and Purple. She has also appeared on the cover of British Vogue, Vogue Italia, Purple, Vogue Paris, French and Korean Numéro, i-D, V, W Magazine and the Chinese, Portuguese, South Korean and Japanese editions of Vogue. In 2008, casting agent James Scully said of Erichsen:
At the height of her career she was ranked second on the Top 50 Models Women list by models.com, along with Natasha Poly. As of October 2013, she is listed as one of the "Industry Icons". Vogue Paris declared her one of the top 30 models of the 2000s.
Erichsen is featured in the 2011 edition of the Pirelli Calendar, photographed by Karl Lagerfeld. Erichsen is part of history, in what marks the magazine's first multi-cover in the publication's 95-years, landing one of the three May Vogue UK covers in celebration of the most anticipated wedding of the year - the Royal wedding.
Erichsen has been featured on the cover of many editions of Vogue such as Vogue Paris in November 2005, August 2010 and May 2013; Vogue Italia in March and November 2010, as well as January 2011; British Vogue in August 2010, as well as May and September 2011. She was also featured on the cover of Korean Vogue in March 2009 and September 2010, Japanese Vogue in November 2008 and February 2009, Vogue China in June 2006, Portuguese Vogue in May 2007 and Brazilian Vogue in March 2011. Erichsen graced the September 2014 issue of Vogue Australia.
Erichsen was educated at Frederiksberg Gymnasium (high school). She enjoys listening to the music of PJ Harvey, the Danish group Kira and the Kindred Spirits, Janis Joplin and Jeff Buckley. She currently resides in New York City.
- "Freja Beha". IMG Models. Archived from the original on 6 December 2007. Retrieved 2007-10-07.
- "Freja Beha Erichsen - Model Profile". Models.com. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- "The New Queen of Cool". Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- Herbst, Kendall (9 May 2008). "Casting Agent James Scully's All-Time Favorite Models". New York. Retrieved 20 February 2011.
- "The queen of cool: Freja Beha Erichsen". Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- "Freja Beha Erichsen the New Face of Maybelline New York". 7 September 2012. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- "Freja Beha Erichsen Interview - Style & Vogue Covers". Vogue U.K. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- "Model Cause: Freja Beha Erichsen rallies support for doctors without borders". Vogue.com. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- "Karl's Girls: Looking Back at 14 Chanel Favorites". Style.com. 31 March 2015. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- "Freja Beha Erichsen". Harpers Bazaar. Archived from the original on 15 January 2009. Retrieved 1 May 2011.
- "PRADA Abbigliamento Autunno Inverno 2013 2014". Newemotion.it. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Freja Beha". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- [dead link]
- "MODELS.com's Industry Icons". MODELS.com. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Les 30 mannequins des années 2000". Vogue.fr. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Karl Lagerfeld Unveils the 2011 Pirelli Calendar". Pedestrian.tv. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- Foster, Kimberley (5 April 2011). "Vogue UK's triple treat: Lara Stone, Natalia Vodianova & Freja Beha Erichsen". Archived from the original on 8 April 2011. Retrieved 27 April 2011.
- "First look: Freja Beha Erichsen for Vogue Australia September 2014". 5 August 2013. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- "Top 10 women 2007". Vmagazine.com/fashion_article.php?n=859. Archived from the original on 2 February 2008. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- Vogue Paris April 2009, Top Models Supplement
- "Freja Baha". New York. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Freja Beha Erichsen.|