|• Total||1.34 km2 (0.52 sq mi)|
|Elevation||16 m (52 ft)|
|• Density||1,743/km2 (4,510/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
Frekhaug is the administrative centre of Meland municipality, located in Hordaland county, Norway. The village sits at the southern tip of the island of Holsnøy. The 1.34-square-kilometre (330-acre) urban area of Frekhaug (which also encompasses the suburb of Vikane) has a population (2013) of 2,335; giving the village a population density of 1,743 inhabitants per square kilometre (4,510/sq mi).
Frekhaug Manor (Frekhaug hovedgård) is a manor house and farm located on the southeast side of Holsnøy. The main house is a notched, two-story log house of painted white panel with a hipped roof. The building has a portal in rococo. The building was probably built in the 1780s and is surrounded by granite walls. In 1780, the farm was bought by skipper Cort Abrahamsen Holtermann (1730-1813).
Since 1914, the manor house has been owned by the Nordhordland home mission (Nordhordland indremisjon).
- Statistisk sentralbyrå (1 January 2013). "Urban settlements. Population and area, by municipality".
- "Frekhaug" (in Norwegian). yr.no. Retrieved 2014-04-15.
- Store norske leksikon. "Frekhaug" (in Norwegian). Retrieved 2014-04-15.
- Geir Thorsnæs. "Frekhaug". Store norske leksikon. Retrieved February 1, 2016.
- "Kort om arbeidet". Nordhordland Indremisjon. Retrieved February 1, 2016.
- Hopland, Endre (23 December 2005). "Trenar Løv-Ham". Avisa Nordhordland (in Norwegian). Retrieved 16 January 2009.
|This Hordaland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|