The firm consists of three business areas:
- FPR Partners - a hedge fund
- Fremont Realty Capital - a real estate investment firm
- Fremont Ventures - a venture capital investment firm
In 2007, Calera Capital, a San Francisco-based private equity firm that spun out of the Fremont Group (its first institutional investor), changed its name from Fremont Partners as part of a rebranding effort in advance of raising its fourth private equity fund.
On May 5, 2003, The New Yorker ran an article revealing that the bin Laden family has invested $10 million in The Fremont Group. The investments represent a small fraction of the assets managed by Fremont, which has counted former Secretary of State George P. Shultz as a director.
- www.caleracapital.com/pdf/20070222.pdf (Reprint from TheDeal.com, February 2007)
- The Contractors (by Jane Mayer. The New Yorker, May 5, 2003)
- The Bechtel-bin Laden connection (CNNMoney.com)
- Bin Laden Family, With Deep Western Ties, Strives to Re-establish a Name (New York Times, 2001)
- Fremont Group (official website)
|This bank, insurance, or other financial services corporation article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|