Fremont Ross High School
|Fremont Ross High School|
1100 North Street
|School district||Fremont City School District|
|Color(s)||Purple and white|
|Athletics conference||Three Rivers Athletic Conference|
|Mascot||The Little Giant|
|Team name||Little Giants|
Fremont Ross High School (FRHS) is a public high school in Fremont, Ohio, United States. It is the only high school in the Fremont City School District, and one of two high schools in Fremont, the other being Saint Joseph Central Catholic High School. The school enrolls 1,096 students as October 2017. Fremont Ross is named for W.W. Ross (1834–1906), who served as the first superintendent of Fremont City Schools for 42 years from 1864 until his death in 1906 at the age of 71.
The boys' sports teams are called the "Little Giants", while girls' teams are the "Lady Giants". The school's colors are purple and white. The football team has a rivalry with Sandusky High School that dates back to 1895, making it the biggest rivalry in Northwest Ohio.
Since the 2011–12 school year, the school has been a member of the Three Rivers Athletic Conference. Currently There is a new high school being built and is scheduled for completion for the 2021-2022 School Year.
- Boys swimming and diving – 1936, 1938, 1939, 1941, 1942, 1943, 1953
- Boys golf – 1973
- Timothy Lull, class of 1961, served as President of Pacific Lutheran Seminary (ELCA) in Berkeley, California
- Bob Brudzinski, class of 1973, professional football player in the National Football League (NFL)
- Rob Lytle, class of 1973, professional football player in the NFL
- Derek Isaman, class of 1985, professional boxer and National Golden Gloves Heavyweight Champion
- Shawn McCarthy, class of 1986, professional football player in the NFL
- Charles Woodson, class of 1995, 1997 Heisman Trophy winner and Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee.
- Myles Porter, class of 2004, Para Judo athlete and Para Olympic Silver Medalist at the 2012 Para-Olympic games in London.
- Jacob Wukie, class of 2004, athlete and silver medalist in archery at the 2012 London Olympics
- "Fall Enrollment (Headcount) - October 2017 Public Districts and Buildings". Enrollment Data. Ohio Department of Education. October 2017. Retrieved May 4, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Wilhelm, Roy (December 29, 2015). "The man for whom Ross High School is named". Fremont News-Messenger. Retrieved September 5, 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Ohio High School Athletic Association. Retrieved December 31, 2006. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)