French Consulate General, Atlanta
|Consulate-General of France in Atlanta|
Consulat Général de France à Atlanta
|Address||Suite 500, The Lenox Building in Buckhead, 3399 Peachtree Road NE|
The Consulate General of France in Atlanta is the French diplomatic outpost to the South-eastern US states, serving the six states of Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. The role of the consulate is to serve the interests of France and French people in the region. The Consulate is one of ten located in major cities across the United States.
The consulate is located in Suite 500 of Buckhead Towers at Lenox Square in Buckhead. The consulate is a part of the "Maison de France" complex, which also includes the French-American Chamber of Commerce of Atlanta, the French Trade Commission-Ubifrance, Atlanta-Accueil, Ecole du Samedi, etc.
- The Chancellery is the intermediary between the French administration for the country's nationals and the visa seekers located in the Southeast region. The chancellery also fulfills a role of providing help and support to expatriate citizens and those visiting or passing through the United States through social assistance, scholarships, aid to French nationals in difficulties and assistance to incarcerated French citizens. The chancellery is the primary diplomatic arm of the consulate.
- The Cultural Service is active in the Southeast in educational, university and artistic partnerships and cooperation. It works with its American partners to promote Franco-American exchanges in the artistic, audiovisual, writing, education, university, and non-governmental fields. It provides support and advice to individuals and institutions and develops numerous programs and projects in partnership with them.
- The Press Office is tasked with maintaining close relations with the local media and the official institutions, with regard to explaining French government policy, particularly in foreign policy, and with updating the consulate's website and its newsletter Bonjour Southeast.
- The Scientific Department's task is to identify new possibilities for collaboration in the domain of research, most notably between American clusters located within the region and their French counterparts. It is a priority for the Consulate General of France in Atlanta. Both France and the American Southeast share the benefit of excellent universities and research centers. Contacts and exchanges between them already exist, but they can be developed and furthered.
The consulate is located in Suite 500 (5th Floor) of Buckhead Towers at Lenox Square in Buckhead, behind Lenox Mall and adjacent to the J.W. Marriott Hotel. The consulate is at the intersection of Lenox Road and E. Paces Ferry Road NE. The consulate is a part of the "Maison de France" complex, which also includes the French-American Chamber of Commerce of Atlanta, the French Trade Commission-Ubifrance, and the Atlanta-Accueil association.
The consulate finalized its location from May 13 to May 17. On May 17, 2010, the consulate moved into the Lenox Building. The official opening ceremony was held on June 30, 2010. Amélie De Gaulle Interiors designed the interior of the Maison de France, which opened on May 17, 2010.
Past and present Consul Generals
- Louis de Corail - 2016–present
- Denis Barbet - 2012–2016
- Pascal le Deunff - 2009–2012
- Philippe Ardanaz – 2005-2009
- René-Serge Marty – 2001-2005
- Jean-Paul Moncheau – 1997-2001
- Gérard Blanchot – 1993-1997
- Jacky Musnier – 1989-1993
- "THE CONSULATE GENERAL OF FRANCE IN ATLANTA IS MOVING." French Consulate General, Atlanta. Retrieved on September 19, 2010.
- "MAP TO THE CONSULATE’S NEW LOCATION." (map) French Consulate General, Atlanta. Retrieved on September 19, 2010.
- "THE “MAISON DE FRANCE” TO BE INAUGURATED IN ATLANTA." French Consulate General, Atlanta. Retrieved on September 19, 2010.
- "Prominence in Buckhead Archived November 15, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.." Shaw & Associates. Retrieved on July 28, 2009.
- "The Consulate and French Trade Commission." Consulate-General of France in Atlanta. Retrieved on July 28, 2009.
- "Location & directions." Consulate-General of France in Atlanta. Retrieved on July 28, 2009.