International Culinary Center
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|International Culinary Center|
|Founder||Dorothy Cann Hamilton|
|Authorizer||Wine program, Court of Master Sommeliers|
The International Culinary Center is a private, for-profit culinary school headquartered in Campbell, California. It was founded as The French Culinary Institute by Dorothy Cann Hamilton in 1984 and has campuses in New York City and the San Francisco Bay Area. The facilities include professional kitchens for hands-on cooking and baking classes, specialized wine tasting classrooms, a library, theater, and event spaces.
New York City campus
This location includes L'Ecole restaurant on the ground floor and features fare from culinary program students, as well as a Culinary Theater that hosts events, forums, and lectures from graduates. The International Culinary Center is also home to FCI Catering & Events, which creates and caters both on and off-premises private events.
Opened in 2011, the center’s California location is in Campbell, in the San Francisco Bay Area. The facilities consist of kitchens, a library, theaters, an event space and a wine tasting room, which hosts a sommelier training course. The facility is the former location of another culinary school, the Professional Culinary Institute.
In July 2014 a lawsuit was filed by two program graduates against the ICC for alleged misleading advertising claims regarding post graduation employment. The graduates completed an ICC program at the New York campus and subsequently landed entry-level jobs. Their suit was based on the claim that they could have received those jobs without any training. On November 10, 2014, New York Southern District Judge Katherine B. Forrest denied ICC's motion to dismiss the lawsuit. The docket reflects that on November 13, 2015, the case was voluntarily dismissed with prejudice.
- Norrie, Brenda (June 25, 2014). "Campbell facility: Don't stay out of the kitchen" (PDF) (Volume 64, #26). Campbell Express. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "The International Culinary Center".
- "FCI Catering & Events".
- Van Ells, Mara. "International Culinary Center celebrates four years in Campbell". MercuryNews.com. San Jose Mercury News. Retrieved 18 July 2014.
- DeJesus, Erin (July 15, 2014). "International Culinary Center Slapped With Lawsuit by Former Students UPDATE". eater.com. Retrieved 18 July 2014.
- Culinary Hall of Fame Induction in 2013