|Regions with significant populations|
|Callao, Lima, Trujillo, Arequipa, Ica|
French Peruvians (French: français-péruvien; Spanish: franco-peruano) are Peruvian citizens of French ancestry; a French of Peruvian descent or a person of both French and Peruvian descent. The French were the fourth largest group of immigrants to settle in the country after the Spanish, Italians, and the Germans.
In 1872, the Sociedad de Inmigración Europea ("European Immigration Society") was founded in Peru. Its objective was promoting Old World immigration by covering the costs of their journeys and financially supporting them during their first settler years in Peru.
The regions where most of the French immigrants originated from were Bordeaux, Paris, as well as the French portion of the Basque Country. They mostly interacted with fellow French immigrants, and they were usually relatively skilled at a trade. Initially the community was united, but as time passed many intermarried with Peruvians from other European backgrounds. Very few French-Peruvians can trace their ancestry.
This section does not cite any sources. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Ricardo Belmont Cassinelli
- Pedro Pablo Kuczynski
- Mariana Larrabure de Orbegoso
- Jean Pierre Magnet
- Verónika Mendoza
- Iván Thays
- Gianfranco Labarthe
- Madeleine Truel
- Alex Fort Brescia
French Peruvian institutions and associations
- Asociación Franco-Peruana
- Asociación Civil Franco-Peruano
- Colegio Franco-Peruano http://www.lfrancope.edu.pe
- Asociación Técnica Franco Peruana
- Asociacion de Decendientes Franceses en Peru
- Asociacion Cultural Franco-Peruano
- Colegio Sagrado Corazon (Arequipa) http://www.ssccaqp.edu.pe
- Colegio Saint Andre/san andrew https://web.archive.org/web/20120222160738/http://www.denperu.com/sandrew/
- Edu France https://web.archive.org/web/20100111011638/http://www.edufrance-peru.com/
- Colegio Lycee Jean Baptiste Lamarck (Arequipa)
- Erwin Dopf. "Inmigración francesa al Perú". Espejodelperu.com.pe. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Los franceses en el Perú del siglo XIX". ifeanet.org. 22 May 2011. Archived from the original on 26 February 2012. Retrieved 28 May 2012. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Inmigración francesa al Perú". espejodelperu.com.pe. 2007. Archived from the original on 28 May 2012. Retrieved 28 May 2012. Cite uses deprecated parameter