French Republics refer to a succession of republics after the proclamation of the French Revolution and the abolition of the monarchy in France in 1792. They are raised when there is a change of the constitution or a situation where the country had restored its monarch (Like the First and Second French Republic).
There have been five republics in the history of France:
- French First Republic (1792–1804)
- French Second Republic (1848–1852)
- French Third Republic (1870–1940)
- French Fourth Republic (1946–1958)
- French Fifth Republic (1958–present)